Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Question for gamblers

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Call me mad, call me bonkers but I'm going to have a bet on Albion winning every competition.

So, I'm going to go for four singles, six doubles, four trebles and four competition accumulator - £15 for a £1 bet. But what do I call this? I'm not a regular punter so I have no idea: it's like a Yankee, but with four singles and like a Patent but with four bets.

And can I do this bet online? I've had a quick look and it doesn't seem possible. Do I have to go to a flesh-and-blood bookies?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Call me mad, call me bonkers but I'm going to have a bet on Albion winning every competition.

So, I'm going to go for four singles, six doubles, four trebles and four competition accumulator - £15 for a £1 bet. But what do I call this? I'm not a regular punter so I have no idea: it's like a Yankee, but with four singles and like a Patent but with four bets.

And can I do this bet online? I've had a quick look and it doesn't seem possible. Do I have to go to a flesh-and-blood bookies?
Lucky 15

And yes you can do it online with pretty much every bookmaker. Just put your selections into your betslip and then look at multiples.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

A waste of money.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
A waste of money.
Probably. But it's a bit of fun for £15.

Out of curiosity just had a look and doesn't look like most bookmakers have priced up the Europa League yet as they still don't know who is going to be in it. Star Sports are about the only one and they'll give you 549422/1 for them all to come in as a single.

We are far too short at 20s for the Europa League!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A waste of money.
No doubt that’s what the Leicester fan was told as he bet a fiver on them for the title at 5000-1

Did he cash out before they won it as a point of interest?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You might want to consider an each way Lucky 15 instead. OK, it'll cost £30 instead of £15 (or £15 if you lower your stake to 50p) but if the Albion get to the final of any of the Cup competitions or finish top 2 places in the league, then you're guaranteed some kind of payout. Still a big ask tho. Good luck anyways :thumbsup:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No doubt that’s what the Leicester fan was told as he bet a fiver on them for the title at 5000-1

Did he cash out before they won it as a point of interest?
I believe that a number of fans were on at those odds and most saw it through. I was going to have a £1000 on at 11-1 before they had a really tough run of fixtures ( Man C / Liverpool / Arsenal....I think ) I listened to others too much, who said they would stumble and didn't do it. They took 6 points from those games and never looked back.
Follow your gut feeling.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

You are mad. You are bonkers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As people have pointed out, there are no odds for Europa Cup online, so it does look like I need to mosey on down to the bookies after all.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You could save the shoe leather and just drop your £15 down the toilet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As people have pointed out, there are no odds for Europa Cup online, so it does look like I need to mosey on down to the bookies after all.
Well if there's no odds for the Europa Cup online, then there won't be any at the bookies either. Mainly on account of nobody yet knows who's playing in the damn thing. Hence the bookies, whether online or in yer local seedy High Street shop, can't yet make a, er, book. Which is of course the same book for both :lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I believe that a number of fans were on at those odds and most saw it through. I was going to have a £1000 on at 11-1 before they had a really tough run of fixtures ( Man C / Liverpool / Arsenal....I think ) I listened to others too much, who said they would stumble and didn't do it. They took 6 points from those games and never looked back.
Follow your gut feeling.
I was working for Lads Coral at the time (it was them who offered 5000/1) and those punters were getting weekly calls offering enhanced cash outs. Quite a few stuck it out but the fella we had the biggest liability with did eventually cash his chips in.
Don't think your high street bookmakers would have priced it up either. They don't know who is going to be in it yet as the qualification isn't done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here