Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Question for footballers.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With reference in particular to the Forest v Man Utd game 30 December where Forest wore red shirts and Man Utd looked like Newcastle wearing black and white stripes I'd not seen before.
So, as a player, do you ever get confused as to which shirt to pass to? I kept making the mistake thinking Forest were Utd because of the shirt colours.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think that is a bit like the match between the England women's team and the New Zealand women's team at Falmer. England played in black and New Zealand played in white. I believe that some people were cheering the wrong team for almost the whole game.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Great example of that here at 1:08 (incidentally in Robert Sanchez’s professional debut while on loan at Forest Green). The Grimsby goalkeeper was sporting a new grey kit, which blended in with the sea of black and white shirts behind him, as he stood several yards to the side of his goal. The Grimsby defender, Danny Collins (ex Stoke and Sunderland), mistakenly played the ball back towards the steward wearing fluorescent orange sat behind the very centre of the goal (our other GK strip was, you guessed it, fluorescent orange).

Much like the infamous Man Yoo grey kit worn at Southampton, I don’t think that grey number made another appearance that season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Great example of that here at 1:08 (incidentally in Robert Sanchez’s professional debut while on loan at Forest Green). The Grimsby goalkeeper was sporting a new grey kit, which blended in with the sea of black and white shirts behind him, as he stood several yards to the side of his goal. The Grimsby defender, Danny Collins (ex Stoke and Sunderland), mistakenly played the ball back towards the steward wearing fluorescent orange sat behind the very centre of the goal (our other GK strip was, you guessed it, fluorescent orange).

Much like the infamous Man Yoo grey kit worn at Southampton, I don’t think that grey number made another appearance that season.

Several yards?? Looks as though he was on the edge of the penalty box! What on earth was he doing there?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I used to get terribly confused in training when it was orange bibs versus yellow bibs. Two of my colour blind colours.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In the home AEK game Mitoma appeared to mistake the ref for an AEK player and checked his move.

As a colourblind person I found it a debacle to watch, and I don’t understand why they can’t between them chose suitable home, away, keepers and referees kits. At least one of our players is (statistically) colourblind, same for the opposition. It would take any of us a matter of 5 seconds maximum to select a suitable combination of kits to be used in a game.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Listened to talk shite the other day and they were discussing this with a former player, cant rememver who it was but he said alot of players look at the socks when passing during a game.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
As a green / red colour blind individual - I find some combinations very difficult to discern especially when a long way from the play. Some of the ‘change‘ strip combinations are harder to see than the both teams wearing their home shirts. I though from this season that the FA had taken it more into account when choosing away strips.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With reference in particular to the Forest v Man Utd game 30 December where Forest wore red shirts and Man Utd looked like Newcastle wearing black and white stripes I'd not seen before.
So, as a player, do you ever get confused as to which shirt to pass to? I kept making the mistake thinking Forest were Utd because of the shirt colours.
Over the years, there’s certainly been quite a few Albion players who have been confused.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Since it seems like a lot of teams play either in predominantly blue or predominantly red kits, I always though Palace's red and blue shirts were another reason to think they are a bunch of c****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here