Question: Away End.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thanks. 2000 will be less than last season :(

Maybe, but you can see from the replies that, as seats are still being put in, no one knows what the maximum league match capacity is for away fans. Between 2 and 3K for sure, I'd reckon nearer 3K.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I was told that when they started adding the new seats the away attendance would be increased to 3000 straight away but they would keep it flexible depending on the opposition. don't we issue up to 2000 seat by default to away teams and them additional can be issued, hence Paul Barbers explanation of the drip feeding of tickets to home fans.
I reckon Palace will get 2800 with 200 going towards extra segregation.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Give them what we got at Selhurst. No point letting more Palace in when we can sell the seats to our own supporters.

Well in that case we should of insisted on a 12 o clock KO at our place because that's what you have given us.
i pretty sure both decisions are taken taken by the old bill or do you know something no one else does?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Well in that case we should of insisted on a 12 o clock KO at our place because that's what you have given us.
i pretty sure both decisions are taken taken by the old bill or do you know something no one else does?

I'm sure that our allocation at yours has been the subject of numerous threads on here. I'm merely pointing out that the Amex will sell out so why give Palace more than we need to. Selhurst on the other hand still had 6000? odd empty seats.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Surely the club will have a re-think in the summer about those 2 blocks in the East Stand which were originally set aside for away fans. I think it was proved pretty quickly that trying to sell two different prices to away fans does not work. I expect these may be the two blocks which are initially sold on a game-by-game basis next season first before WLI and SS tickets.

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
Anyone think that moving the away section to the East or West upper would be a good idea, then we'd have home fans round the whole lower 'bowl' which may help with our lack of goals at the south end?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Anyone think that moving the away section to the East or West upper would be a good idea, then we'd have home fans round the whole lower 'bowl' which may help with our lack of goals at the south end?

Not a bad shout putting them in the Upper East but surely away fans standing up here is more of a H&S link than having them in the South and SE corner.

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
Not a bad shout putting them in the Upper East but surely away fans standing up here is more of a H&S link than having them in the South and SE corner.

Possibly, but there's loads of grounds with away fans in the upper tier! Obviously there would be the issue of moving season tickets from the East upper

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Do you fancy being covered in piss because the Palace fans will relieve themselves into the lower tier instead of using the bogs ? :lol:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Not a case of away end.

Flexible end, corner, and part of ES, which can be allocated according to demand from both home and away fans, police advice, and cup rules.

I was told that when they started adding the new seats the away attendance would be increased to 3000 straight away but they would keep it flexible depending on the opposition. don't we issue up to 2000 seat by default to away teams and them additional can be issued, hence Paul Barbers explanation of the drip feeding of tickets to home fans.
I reckon Palace will get 2800 with 200 going towards extra segregation.

I don't want to argue, but Insider has already said the away allocation this year will be 200 for league games. Where do you propose the extra 800 will go?

Surely the club will have a re-think in the summer about those 2 blocks in the East Stand which were originally set aside for away fans. I think it was proved pretty quickly that trying to sell two different prices to away fans does not work. I expect these may be the two blocks which are initially sold on a game-by-game basis next season first before WLI and SS tickets.

I agree.

Move those STH's in the south to the new north corners (not a bad move IMO) and sell the south stand on a match by match basis. Move the staff tickets into the ESL blocks and sell the rest of these on a match by match basis. If we happen to get another Arsenal in the cup, then the staff will just have to find somewhere else to sit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree.

Move those STH's in the south to the new north corners (not a bad move IMO) and sell the south stand on a match by match basis. Move the staff tickets into the ESL blocks and sell the rest of these on a match by match basis. If we happen to get another Arsenal in the cup, then the staff will just have to find somewhere else to sit.

Moving the staff and complimentary seats into the ESL blocks alongside match by match sales makes sense and allows for a flexible segregation section between ESL and SEC. Relocating the South Stand STH's elsewhere is a worthwhile trade off to be able to sell the seats on a match by match basis as the away followings will vary.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I don't want to argue, but Insider has already said the away allocation this year will be 200 for league games. Where do you propose the extra 800 will go?

Only stating what I heard from the club though can't remember who it was, too long ago and my brain is wasted, but I do think we have to offer more than 200, aren't we obligated to allow for 10% of ground capacity?
Paul barber told us at the NWSS meeting that the away fans were moved back into the South Stand due to a large number of complains from East Stand season ticket holders hence why they are no longer placed in the East stand so no way they will put away fans down more into that stand.

Only stating what I heard from the club though can't remember who it was, too long ago and my brain is wasted, but I do think we have to offer more than 200, aren't we obligated to allow for 10% of ground capacity?
Paul barber told us at the NWSS meeting that the away fans were moved back into the South Stand due to a large number of complains from East Stand season ticket holders hence why they are no longer placed in the East stand so no way they will put away fans down more into that stand.

I'm sure you meant 2000!

But no. The minimum is 10% or 2000 - whatever is lower.

A good example is you still only see 3000 odd away fans at Old Trafford. not 10% (7500)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports