• Pulp Fiction

Votes: 99 61.5%
  • Reservoir Dogs

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The first 2 films, Dogs + Pulp = classics. Plot, script, casting brilliant. Everything else since = meh, some complete stinkers expecially the awful Kill Bill rubbish....

Tarantino was an embarrassment in Dogs. Should never have been in it, but agree, that and Pulp are the cream, although I also love the Kill Bills. The rest total meh.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It wasn't made at the time this poll was started, but Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a good watch, I shan't mention too much about it so as not to spoil it for anyone, but there are some aspects that divide audiences because it portrays some real life characters and events in a fictional story.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
QT films are an oddity to me, I have rarely enjoyed a QT film on the second viewing. They are very much pulp and a one-off watch. Some of his dialogue is just too "cool, contrived movie dialogue" that would never, ever be uttered in real life and therefore I can never fully engage in them. Noone speaks like that! However...oddly, I will always seek his films out to watch as first viewing they can be rather enjoyable junk . I never get "lost" in them though, like in the best films. The exception is the basement scene in Basterds which is superbly written and acted and an absolute joy (thankfully, the scene does not have Christopher Waltz prominent, one of the most overrated and one dimensional plays the-same-character over and over actors around imo. Similar to Ricky Gervais, who can only be Ricky Gervais in any movie).

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
For me it has to be Reservoir Dogs followed by Basterds then Pulp Fiction. Not fussed by the others particularly Kill Bill series. I do understand his films can be a bit Marmite particularly with the incessant drive for coolness

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Basterds was several different ideas/scenes tacked together to make a film that just didn't flow. The opening 'milk and pipe' scene, the Bear Jew and the basement bar scene were all exceptional, the filler in between utterly forgettable.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
If you like this genre of films the daddy of them all IMO is The Killing by Kubrick. You can see all the influences in that one film.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It wasn't made at the time this poll was started, but Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a good watch, I shan't mention too much about it so as not to spoil it for anyone, but there are some aspects that divide audiences because it portrays some real life characters and events in a fictional story.

I found Once Upon a Time in Hollywood somewhat tedious and boring. Apart from the last 15 minutes which was brilliantly entertaining.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
QT films are an oddity to me, I have rarely enjoyed a QT film on the second viewing. They are very much pulp and a one-off watch. Some of his dialogue is just too "cool, contrived movie dialogue" that would never, ever be uttered in real life and therefore I can never fully engage in them. Noone speaks like that! However...oddly, I will always seek his films out to watch as first viewing they can be rather enjoyable junk . I never get "lost" in them though, like in the best films. The exception is the basement scene in Basterds which is superbly written and acted and an absolute joy (thankfully, the scene does not have Christopher Waltz prominent, one of the most overrated and one dimensional plays the-same-character over and over actors around imo. Similar to Ricky Gervais, who can only be Ricky Gervais in any movie).

I couldn't disagree more. The writing in Reservoir Dogs is truly outstanding and utterly convincing. Just look at what he gives Tim Roth (Mt Orange) to work with, when he has to get his back-story off to a tee to win the gangs trust. Its just brilliant, brilliant writing. Harvey Keitel read the script from this unknown bloke working in a video store, and immediately financed the movie - with the one provision that he got to play Mr White. Madsen as well, he has NEVER been better. Buscemi brilliant. You can see these actors relishing the script, and giving such memorable performances as a result.

Nobody writes like Tarantino. RD will always be in my top 5 I think.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Has to be Pulp Fiction but I’m a massive Jackie Brown fan and agree with earlier post about the soundtrack. Epic!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Django and Pulp Fuction for me. Love them both and if they're both films that if I'm scrolling through on the TV and they're on I'll stop scrolling and watch it.

Tried Hateful 8 a few times but always been on a Saturday evening after a home game. Never made it to the end. Longest I've lasted is 2 hours in.

I must say that in a perverse way I still enjoy From Dusk till Dawn. Just find it an easy watch (Salma Hayek looking fine helped a lot for 5 mins).

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Superb scene ... I could watch it over and over. Also love the relationship between Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette. I know QT didn't direct it ... but True Romance is one of my favourite films ... ever.

On QT directed films ... Pulp Fiction followed by Reservoir Dogs ... although I really enjoyed Once Upon A Time ... but only seen it once ... must do so again.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
That is very conclusive. Thanks for taking part

Tarantino's best film - Pulp Fiction
Spielberg's best film - Hook

Pulp Fiction yesss... Spielbergs best film is Hook ??? must have missed that poll. Who am i to argue with Uncle Spielberg but i disagree :)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Jackie Brown is a proper film, rather than a collection of scenes, albeit often marvellous scenes.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
With QT, it would be a good poll - and I can't be arsed - what the best scene in his films is. Royale with Cheese, tipping, the bear jew, the car boot, the KkK masks and the basement (take your pick from Inglorious or Pulp) are just superb. The films as a whole are sometimes disjointed but each and every one of them has 5 or 10 minutes that are better than some directors ever produce in a lifetime of shit films. .

Answer to this question though is Pulp Fiction. 2 stone clear in horse racing parlance of the rest.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Pulp Fiction is my all-time favourite film by anybody. I have watched it at least 20 times and never tire of it.
Django Unchained my second fave QT film and Jackie Brown my third.
I don't think anyone combines humour and violence as well as Tarantino.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here