Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QUEEN - back on tour

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Let sleeping dogs lie I say :)

Queen guitarist Brian May has confirmed that the band will reunite for a tour with ex-Free/Bad Company frontman Paul Rodgers as their lead singer. In a statement at his official web site, www.brianmay.com ,May said, "It really all came about because of the Fender 50th Anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers. We were both so amazed at the chemistry that was going on in All Right Now, that suddenly it seems blindingly obvious that there was something happening here".

The shows are a definite for the U.K. and Europe with the rest of the world still being considered. If eveything goes according to plan, Queen and Paul Rodgers will be on the road around April 2005.

The upcoming concerts are expected to feature both Queen and Rodgers material. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon..

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Freddie Mc was Queen.

Would be like the Beatles without Lennon

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
He must be skint...somehow! thats usually the only answer as to why bands re-unite to do tours, even when their main man is long gone.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I always thought that George Michael was one of a few that could pass as a credible Freddie replacement ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll be there....I saw the Bad Company bloke on telly for a gig with Brian may and the Roger Taylor and I thought he was superb.

No one has a voice like Freddy's but his comes close.

Bring it on....

Dave ex Nebworth 1972/3

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh dear, it won't feature John Deacon though - I think he fell out with the others other Robbie Williams We Are The Champions

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think Deacon is not interested in it!!

May well not be on speaking terms as replied above!

:nono:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
one post won't hurt...

How do I get my tickets!?! I will pay ANYTHING. :clap2:

Suddenly the QUEEN Phoenix is rising again from the ashes, and will take precedence over everything in our lives. So be it. So there ya go. I won't go into more details right now, but, barring accidents, QUEEN and PAUL RODGERS will be on the road, pretty much for sure, around April 2005.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
This sounds like a horrible idea. Rodgers is a bluesy singer, Queens material, whatever you think of it is totally unsuited to his style.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Voroshilov said:
This sounds like a horrible idea. Rodgers is a bluesy singer, Queens material, whatever you think of it is totally unsuited to his style.

Rodgers can pull anything off. On Brianmay.com there is mention of united both of their material. I've no doubt they are all talented enough to find a mid point!

If this happens they will absolutly SURGE to number one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Paul Rodgers is class, Free where fantastic, please please don't do it,

besides Queen arent the kind of bad you can just replicate so its just won't work

mind you, it'd pay off his mortgage :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shiver me bumcakes and tie me mother down, it cannae be true laddie, it'd be like Wham reforming without George Michael!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pathetic, Queen was Freddie - waste of time

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
too true

im torn about it

im a big queen fan, but freddie died when i was 4. I'd love to see the classics performed live by the true queen remaining members(shame about john deacon), but at the same time, I dunno if I can take seeing it minus freddie..might destroy the legacy

id imagine some of the catalogue they cant/wont/shouldnt touch. as they were freddie's songs.

especially songs like the show must go on, or any towards the end about his impending death

ive been listening to alot of queen lately..its quite topical:)

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
bigc said:
id imagine some of the catalogue they cant/wont/shouldnt touch. as they were freddie's songs.

especially songs like the show must go on, or any towards the end about his impending death

Likely true, although this would be a shame - the later stuff tends to be my favourite material, although the earlier songs are rightfully classics. I can't see them going much past Live Aid-era work. Still, having never had the chance to see them, I'd relish this.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Queen could do a concert to open Falmer when it is built:lolol:
But can we wait another ten ot twenty years:lolol:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Eddie the Seagull said:
I always thought that George Michael was one of a few that could pass as a credible Freddie replacement ???

I have to say I agree with you. He was superb at the rather patchy Freddy tribute concert.

When I saw footage on the telly the other night, it struck me that as a worldwide charity opening gig for Wembley, Queen with GM would be about as good as you could get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here