Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen + Adam Lambert

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Saw the Queen concert at the Brighton Centre in '79 - unforgettable - just bloody brilliant. Was impressed by Adam Lambert's showing with them on new years eve TV performance the other year. Managed to get tickets for the O2 concert this November - got an email from O2 on Thursday to say that I could get priority that morning and was lucky I guess. Happy days.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just a personal opinion but I think the whole 'Queen +' whoever thing is a bit tawdry - I can understand it more in the cases of some bands but with Freddie Mercury having been such a major part of the band's projected image it just seems like using the same name is a bit mercenary. I guess maybe they just want to give new fans some kind of a taste of what it used to be like I guess as well as opening up new cash revenues.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
go and see a tribute act at £15 a ticket you will be within 15 yards of them and as you will have so much cash left over drunk enough to get the atmosphere and unable to spot the difference (well by the end of the night anyway).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not a very good singer in my opinion, what's wrong with that ?
It's wrong. It's like saying 'in my opinion, Messi isn't a very good footballer'. It's just wrong.

Now if you'd said 'I didn't like his voice' or 'I didn't like his style', then fair enough, to each their own. But he was an extremely talented singer, and to say he wasn't very good is simply wrong.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's wrong. It's like saying 'in my opinion, Messi isn't a very good footballer'. It's just wrong.

Now if you'd said 'I didn't like his voice' or 'I didn't like his style', then fair enough, to each their own. But he was an extremely talented singer, and to say he wasn't very good is simply wrong.

In your opinion.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
go and see a tribute act at £15 a ticket you will be within 15 yards of them and as you will have so much cash left over drunk enough to get the atmosphere and unable to spot the difference (well by the end of the night anyway).

Never stand within 15 yards of a tribute act, the whole suspension of disbelief goes out of the window from the off. Tickets for the back eight rows are recommended for this one: http://www.atgtickets.com/shows/nights-on-broadway-the-bee-gees-story/theatre-royal-brighton/

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never mentioned Messi, just said that I don't think Freddie was a very good singer, wasn't making any comparisons.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
true but down the concorde 2 after a few pints it gets a bit blurred. I guess what I was saying is seeing a live band these days is either looking at a big screen or seeing someone who appears to be a few inches tall. A tribute act in a place like concorde 2 gives real atmosphere to the performance. Generally the musicians are really good and the vocals are mixed. To me though its a better experience.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bob Booker is a better singer than Simon Rodgers in my opinion and I've neve seen Freddie Mercury and Messi in the same room.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here