Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queems Road Ticket Office

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have the superstore at The Amex and the full catalogue online. Surely it's inefficient to keep the smaller shop going, especially with the big rents in the city centre.

There is value in maintaining your profile though, which a city centre presence will do.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There is value in maintaining your profile though, which a city centre presence will do.

Correct. Ticket office - No. Shop - Yes.
I reckon they ought to consider relocating to Western Road though. Rents have dropped significantly there and a lot more people wandering past.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Correct. Ticket office - No. Shop - Yes.
I reckon they ought to consider relocating to Western Road though. Rents have dropped significantly there and a lot more people wandering past.

Probably crazy talk, but why not go for bust and rent one of the multiple boarded up units in Churchill Square? Jeez! - Why do we have to teach these people their jobs? where's the VISION?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Probably crazy talk, but why not go for bust and rent one of the multiple boarded up units in Churchill Square? Jeez! - Why do we have to teach these people their jobs? where's the VISION?

I almost suggested that actually. Why bother renting? Let's just move in there like those 'Christmas discounts' stores do and then leg it when we get found it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the shop all together.

I could see that happening next. Save a lot of rent and salaries. Online shopping is the way forward.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Not surprised. I went in a few times to get tickets for games and made an enquiry about a season ticket for my daughter. Trying to get anyone's attention was the first obstacle as the staff were busy talking to themselves. Eventually I got the attention of one of them by having to interrupt their conversation and then was dealt with in a very condescending manner. Left the shop without what I wanted.
Asked the same questions in an email to the Amex end and they could not have been more helpful and professional and sorted out a five game package in seats in our area (which the Queens Road shop said could not be done) and daughter now has a season ticket.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
agreed, i have seen a fair few student tourists wandering around with brighton shirts on recently, it is brilliant business, especially if we continue signing spanish people as they seem to love brighton.
I work with a bunch of Spaniards and they LOVE it! In fact one is going to the Villareal game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here