Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quality teams rising to the top, whilst the Albion are staying in the Championship

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair cop.. but even you would have to agree that things have changed a tad since I posted that. :)

We've had some better results now, we have nearly a full squad again, but then I don't sink to the depths of despair when we lose a few, neither do I go over the top with joy when we have a good run.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We've had some better results now, we have nearly a full squad again, but then I don't sink to the depths of despair when we lose a few, neither do I go over the top with joy when we have a good run.

Oh to be so well balanced. :) Whatever happens now, I think we can agree that compared to last year it's been a good season..

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We may well not go up as only two of the four breakaway group will. with Hull and Boro dropping recent points though it will not be cut and dried until the end of the season and we should have every chance of at least being in the playoffs.

I love it when threads like this are bounced. This one isn't quite as good as the strop [MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] had after the Aberdeen friendly though.

Obsessed.

Anyway, onto the random decision to pick me from the pile of unhappy people there, I was unhappy with the recruiting we had done at that point, I felt it wasn't good enough and it needed to improve or we would fail to see a better season. Feel free to go back and check because I just have (although it seems you have it memorised), but I think it is safe to say the recruitment since then whether or not they've all been quality signings in attacking positions or not has improved massively.

Since that friendly we have signed:

Zamora
Murphy
Uwe
Goldson
Manu
Wilson
Towell
Ridgewell
Knockaert
Skalak
Sidwell

So as you can see, that is quite a bit stronger than the squad we had at Aberdeen, and it's really rather silly to even bring it up. Unless of course you believe a squad without these additions would be banging in the goals and we'd be just as good without them?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When I read the first post, I thought Weststander was fishing, i didn't realise he was serious

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Fair play to those who have fessed up on this thread today; seems to me the comments were made in frustration. I do sometimes wonder how posters forget a) how changeable football is and always has been; b) how small the difference between success and failure is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So as you can see, that is quite a bit stronger than the squad we had at Aberdeen, and it's really rather silly to even bring it up. Unless of course you believe a squad without these additions would be banging in the goals and we'd be just as good without them?
Our recruitment hadn't finishes, and we had our best ever start to a season without the recent Knockaert, Skalak, Sidewell, Towell and Wilson, without the temporary Ridgewell loan, and we haven't needed Manu. And he's not saying we'd be just as good without them, you were saying we'd be no better than last season, and clearly we would. You got it completely wrong, is it really difficult for you to admit that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here