Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Quality Street

Your fFavourite Quality Street?

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remember when The Quality Street tin was a tin and much bigger than its plastic equivalent.

That was suggested on the radio recently and apparently rather than increase the price they reduce the size of the containers,. Now down to under 800gm from the original tins of 1.5kg ish. This i happening with most chocolate brands and many biscuits.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That was suggested on the radio recently and apparently rather than increase the price they reduce the size of the containers,. Now down to under 800gm from the original tins of 1.5kg ish. This i happening with most chocolate brands and many biscuits.

I'm kinda partial to Marathon / Snickers over the years, and have noticed the slight reduction in size.
As if the customer would ever notice :shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Nestle are one of the most unethical companies on the planet (Google it) so it's hardly surprising BG.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jaffa Cakes was highlighted and I also noticed my favourites Wagon Wheels have got smaller per wheel. OT I didnt realize that United Biscuits (McVitie etc) is now owned by a company in Turkey.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My wife likes the green triangles and many moons ago ( before you could buy individual varieties ) I spent quiet a while going through the Woolies pick and mix picking out just the green triangles. That earned me a good couple of months worth of Brownie points.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The purple one was brought out with its own line at one stage. The result of this poll is a given.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Jaffa Cakes was highlighted and I also noticed my favourites Wagon Wheels have got smaller per wheel. OT I didnt realize that United Biscuits (McVitie etc) is now owned by a company in Turkey.

Interesting fact about Turkish ownership. I didn't know either. Pladis.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Whatever happened to the coffee cream? :love:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any selection without a coffee cream can **** off. Always a joy visiting the inlaws at Christmas because the whole family there hated them. Always turned up to a nice pile of the coffee delights waiting for me.

Now have to get separate bags of coffee creams at Thorntons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any selection without a coffee cream can **** off. Always a joy visiting the inlaws at Christmas because the whole family there hated them. Always turned up to a nice pile of the coffee delights waiting for me.

Now have to get separate bags of coffee creams at Thorntons.

Slightly OT it was reported in the press that the firm that makes Thorntons Easter Eggs also make them with the same recipe for Aldis.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Slightly OT it was reported in the press that the firm that makes Thorntons Easter Eggs also make them with the same recipe for Aldis.

In the same way that all custard creams, bourbons etc. you buy are made by the aforementioned United Biscuits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here