Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qprs Sandro played last season without work permit

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In all seriousness, I'll be interested to see how they punish QPR IF they do so.

A fair punishment should be every point awarded whilst Sandro was on the pitch last season should be deducted at the start of the next one.

Can't see it happening though.

I don't think it's fair that a points deduction should be moved over to the new season. Sandro played last season and should be deducted for that season.

What would have been interesting is if they stayed up by a couple of points

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would guess as the infringement was in the premier league the football league can't do bugger all

So where do you draw the line? No action for two players without work permits? Three? A whole team?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So where do you draw the line? No action for two players without work permits? Three? A whole team?

What I mean is the football league will probably wipe their hands with it as the offence was while they were in the premier league, therefore any points deductions could only happen if they were in the premier league and therefore not this season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Qprs Sandro played last season without work permit"

Personally find it more alarming BY FAR that Sandro played last season without ever registering on my consciousness as a Premier League player I'd ever heard of :moo:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Need to be better Czechs on this sort of thing. Like somebody said earlier...probably just the standard 20k fine for employing an illegal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anybody got time to sit and down and try to think of what QPR did do correctly?

The worry is how did the Premier League / FA miss this when registering the player as one of their named 25 man squad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you think Opr will finish below us, Denmark down how many times we've finished above them in the last 15 years.
They didn't get a transfer embargo as they got promoted and subsequently should pay a fine. Now they are back in the FL, they have a years grace from FFP (although the fine from the previous infringement should still have to be paid). So, it they get promoted straight away they will miss further FFP sanctions. FL really need to clobber them with the fine and hopefully the FA/Home office will santion them for the permit breach.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't think it's fair that a points deduction should be moved over to the new season. Sandro played last season and should be deducted for that season.

What would have been interesting is if they stayed up by a couple of points

I think it's more than fair.

They've unfairly (and illegally) taken points off other teams (in part) by fielding an illegible player, this can't go unpunished.
It teaches them a lesson and they'll make bloody sure they won't do it again.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If you think Opr will finish below us, Denmark down how many times we've finished above them in the last 15 years.

Here's where Iceland on this: throw them out of the league. It's definitely very Odda. On the Uppsala, it could mean there's only two relegation spots to be filled next season, but, really, whoever's responsible for this Hollola is either stupid Oslo.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With FFP they should have a transfer ban so not be able to sign players full stop.

They didn't get a transfer embargo as they got promoted and subsequently should pay a fine. Now they are back in the FL, they have a years grace from FFP (although the fine from the previous infringement should still have to be paid). So, it they get promoted straight away they will miss further FFP sanctions. FL really need to clobber them with the fine and hopefully the FA/Home office will santion them for the permit breach.

Now against the correct quote!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

The year's grace as I undertand it is not for next season but for the season prior to their return to the Championship - in other words this coming season they will have to comply with the limits of FFP but they will not face any sanctions for their non-compliance, (if any), during their last season in the Premier League.

Having said that it is a bit of an irrelevancy with the parachute payments to come and the increased allowable loss for relegated clubs of £38M rather than the £13M other clubs will be limited to.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The year's grace as I undertand it is not for next season but for the season prior to their return to the Championship - in other words this coming season they will have to comply with the limits of FFP but they will not face any sanctions for their non-compliance, (if any), during their last season in the Premier League.

Having said that it is a bit of an irrelevancy with the parachute payments to come and the increased allowable loss for relegated clubs of £38M rather than the £13M other clubs will be limited to.

Thanks, having looked again, I agree with what you are saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here