Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR want Bridge.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
He's probably already set for life and with a girlfriend who is raking in the money, money might not be an problem.
The only factor in deciding whether Wayne will stay permanently is on who we appoint as our next manager/ if Poyet stays

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He's probably already set for life and with a girlfriend who is raking in the money, money might not be an problem.
The only factor in deciding whether Wayne will stay permanently is on who we appoint as our next manager/ if Poyet stays

Jesus, do people really still believe Poyet will be manager of this football club. More chance of finding Santa sitting in your living room eating a mince pie.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be horribly saddened if we lost him to the likes of Redknapp. Hopefully a premier league club will come in for him and we won't have to watch our departing speedboat tearing up and down a footballing coastline week after week with a little skull and crossbones up its flagpole. I am not sure we can compete at present with no artiste to sign the painting that may draw the masses and learner scrawlers in for inspiration and amazement. All exhibitions need a star name as well as a curator.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I'd love him to sign however I would also be extremely surprised to see him stay here if QPR are offering better wages, shame but that's what it comes down to at the end of the day!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We wouldn't have signed him anyway. Can't afford his wages and he is a Premier League player.

If we went up, he would have stayed but we didn't - so he probably won't.

Upson however we may have a chance in getting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure we could ever afford bridge, 90k a week at city and qpr will pay more

What absolute rubbish he will never get that amount of money again not even from QP HA ha ha, he will be lucky top get £20k. When he negotiated £90k a week he was the 2nd best left back in England which he isnt now nowhere near

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ooh! 'arry moaning that if the board don't back him, he'll leave.

Ring any bells?

Not really, because QPR is full of dead weight players, on large contracts, that nobody else will touch. So they will just stay at the club and draw their wages, thinking they are to good for the Championship(Wolves spring to mind). I wound't blame Redknapp at all for looking at it and thinking, let's get out of dodge. He didn't sign them, Hughes did. Harry just went in and tried to tidy up the mess, granted he failed. But if the splits within the QPR dressing room are to be believed that's hardly surprising. Totally different to what you are comparing to, as in Poyet signed the entire squad here, all bar Dicker and El Abd.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Would love it if Bridge opted for a permanent deal with us, rather than take the money at QPR.

I guess that timing is everything and if our managerial situation is resolved swiftly then he might fancy staying. Hopefully someone has already had a quiet word with him about staying. On the other hand he might fancy one last big deal, in which case I don't think we can compete with QPR.

I have a feeling that QPR might find the Championship tougher than they think and wonder if some of their squad will be really up for the fight. Will be yet another test of Harry's loyalty (!) and interesting to see if he can stay the course if it gets tricky.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
QPR are a bigger club than us in most peoples eyes. Add in the London factor / wages / Redknapp and Poyet situation and a very real chance of going straight back up then I cant see us winning this one if it comes to it

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Jesus, do people really still believe Poyet will be manager of this football club. More chance of finding Santa sitting in your living room eating a mince pie.

Well I can tell you, that is indeed what I saw a number of years ago. So there. I won't divulge what my mother was doing at the time though. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here