Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Problem

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm worried for her having a parent who uses the word "gotten" as if it means something in English.
Are you kidding? Good enough for Shakespeare, it's good enough for me. It is just a word that fell out of use over here. No use getting sniffy at the Americans for it, it is a GREAT English word.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My 25 year old daughter lives 300 yards from Loftus road, poor thing.

She's not into football but her and her housemates have gotten tickets for Tuesday night and will be supporting the hooped chavvers. It's her first ever football game.

I love my daughter of course, but I'm not happy...

Any suggestions how I should handle this?

RSVP

Do they have some space so I can stay the night?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I would be more worried about your daughter living in that arm pit of of London.

It is no worse than many other parts of London and often went to Loftus Road when I lived in West London.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

She's not into football but her and her housemates have gotten tickets for Tuesday night and will be supporting the hooped chavvers. It's her first ever football game.

RSVP

Let her go and enjoy herself, especially as the tickets are free. I like "free".

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It's an option - but - apart from the love I have for her... I kinda respect her supporting her local club...

Difficult

First one is OK, you need to get some loyalty to Brighton over the local club rubbish

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It is no worse than many other parts of London and often went to Loftus Road when I lived in West London.

Not exactly Fulham though.
Wouldn't be my first choice of London areas to live in, or London stadiums to visit.

Been to QPR at least 3 times, and it's a completely different atmosphere inside and outside of the stadium, never felt 100% comfortable in that area. This is compared to visiting Fulham, Brentford and Charlton.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

RSVP

Tell her that when she is sitting with the away support, as I will be on Tuesday night, and we score, she can smile in great appreciation without upsetting the local cruds:)

RSVP

Just lob a rock through their front window after the game! Firm but fair:whistle:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
She's 25 and never been to an Albion game?

What have you been doing?

el punal

RSVP

Bad parenting skills! From a very early age your daughter should have been encouraged, nay, threatened, that there is only one football club on this planet to follow, namely Brighton and Hove Albion. Anything less than 100% loyalty is akin to heresy and therefore eternal damnation in the fiery pits of hell.

I have educated both my daughters (now grown up) in this fashion and they have responded with utmost loyalty and faith in supporting the striped Demi-Gods . . . . . and one lives in Croydon! :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here