Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR match report up - bad night for 'Arry and a story involving an NSCer

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I enjoyed it.

Although in fairness to Keith Andrews I thought he did OK and was up against a very strong midfield. He, Forster-Caskey and Ince did very well as a trio against Barton, Jenas, Morrison et al. And he linked up very well with Bruno for the first goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks for all the feedback and the couple of "outings"! Few things

1) Yes I am probably being unfair to Andrews. Writing about football from memory is hard. Like Walt I write because I enjoy it and part of the enjoyment is the challenge. He does frustrate me and I was remembering the misplaced passes and couple of times he was out of position rather than the good things he did.

2) I also write it because I think there is a (small) audience for it. Whether it's here at NSC, Sam n Steff at TSLR, The Roar or the likes of the various Amex fan pages like ANS there is an Albion media community that is out there for the fans. I love being a very tiny part of it.

3) The comment to 'Arry wasn't me - I merely laughed my head off in Dick's when I heard it. Credit for that goes to @alijenkins

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good read, humorous too but I'm not buying the "daylight robbery" outcome. Anyone would think they'd had penalties disallowed, hit the woodwork and Kuszczak playing a blinder. In reality it was a lot of shots from distance.

I think it was more a case of the second goal flattering us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Good read, humorous too but I'm not buying the "daylight robbery" outcome. Anyone would think they'd had penalties disallowed, hit the woodwork and Kuszczak playing a blinder. In reality it was a lot of shots from distance.

I think it was more a case of the second goal flattering us.

I can put it one of two ways. Firstly, if everything else was equal but we'd had Casper in goal, we'd have lost. Or, secondly, just imagine Redknapp's face getting more and more puce as he ruminates on the injustice of it all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, there's no doubt Redknapp thought it was daylight robbery. He's getting back to his twitching, bare bones best.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Good read GB but one minor bone to pick, last nights victory was not down to you but in fact ME. The last game (before last night) I missed at home was the last time we scored more than one. That's right Leicester. So if any money needs sending it should be my way to persuade me to stay away :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Good read GB but one minor bone to pick, last nights victory was not down to you but in fact ME. The last game (before last night) I missed at home was the last time we scored more than one. That's right Leicester. So if any money needs sending it should be my way to persuade me to stay away :)

50/50?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Missed Redknapp mouthing off at West stand - anyone know what was said?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Barton not rising is bollllllllocks, was it just me who saw him giving us north standards the 5 finger wave behind the lino's back. All in good jest and humour but he certainly rose...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Barton not rising is bollllllllocks, was it just me who saw him giving us north standards the 5 finger wave behind the lino's back. All in good jest and humour but he certainly rose...

Totally missed that but when Joey rises he tends to take out a couple of players, a referee and start at least 5 twitter fights. I thought he was class last night - and "problem kid" Morrison wasn't far behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here