Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR fiddling the books?

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
According to accounting standards, writing off a loan can be credited to the P&L statement to increase profit. QPR must have done this, making the headline profit look bigger.

But with FFP the headline profit in the accounts has to be adjusted for various "non trading" items such investing in the stadium or training facilities. I don't see how writing off a loan should be able to help FFP losses. It should be one of those items that doesn't count for FFP.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is the death knell for FFP surely? All the money money Fernandes has written was spent on overpaid players, not infrastructure. This renders the entire process utterly pointless.

Whilst we are in debt to Bloom, the bulk of his money as all gone into the stadium and the training facility leaving us with very little wriggle room as regards transfer fees. So it now appears that benevolent owners are indeed free to fritter away away as much of their own cash as long as the club do not pay it back. Madness!

Only if their accounts are ratified by the Football League. This is the moment where we find out whether they have the balls to fight back. I have no doubt that TB/PB will have something to say if they cave in.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Only if their accounts are ratified by the Football League. This is the moment where we find out whether they have the balls to fight back. I have no doubt that TB/PB will have something to say if they cave in.

We await with baited breath......

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We await with baited breath......

I would imagine that any deal done with QPR by the Football League would actually have to be approved by the members, if it goes against the existing FFP rules. The FL rules are set by the members and those in charge of keeping the rules are voted in by the members. So if this is a deal done by the FL but it has not been approved by the members, there will be all sorts of trouble.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Without wanting to turn this into a double entry wankfest (I do have the film of the same name BTW), I would Cr Reserves, the write off has nothing to do with trading.

Yep, maybe you could persuade the auditors to let you take it straight to reserves. :shrug:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've ordered the QPR accounts, as I'm doing some research work on the Championship, so will await their publication with morbid curiousity.

In the meantime, here's a picture of a cute kitten

8325_8_site.jpeg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Without wanting to turn this into a double entry wankfest (I do have the film of the same name BTW), I would Cr Reserves, the write off has nothing to do with trading.

Whilst I disagree with your first clause, I agree with your conclusion - where a company receives consideration from a shareholder without a contractual obligation to repay it, this is an increase in equity. It is as clear as day to a celebrated accountant such as myself, even if I misuse my reflexive pronouns.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I've ordered the QPR accounts, as I'm doing some research work on the Championship, so will await their publication with morbid curiousity.

In the meantime, here's a picture of a cute kitten

8325_8_site.jpeg

would have preferred a fully grown hairy pussy

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Football League basically saying no comment to today's release of accounts, other than to say they had already received the accounts in relation to FFP. Hopefully they have the balls to carry through the penalty.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The Football League basically saying no comment to today's release of accounts, other than to say they had already received the accounts in relation to FFP. Hopefully they have the balls to carry through the penalty.

Did you not see the earlier pictures of the pussy cat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here