Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qpr & ffp

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
25 point penalty at the start of next season?

Whatever happens, I would imagine a lot of clubs will be following this closely.

How about a half point deduction per £1 million you are over the threshold? This would make more sense to me as to financially punish a club for overspending just compounds the whole matter and will just add fuel to the fire.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps they should be made to sell the players they couldn't have afforded without breaking the rules?
That would be far too soft. That message would mean that you can go ahead and cheat, and maybe you'll win, get to the premier league, and never look back - and if the worst happens, you sell the players you bought so you're back to where you'd have been if you hadn't cheated.

It would be like saying to thieves that IF they get caught, they'll have to give their stolen goods back, and then they're free to have another go.

They could have their fine spread over a number of years, and also be subject to a transfer embargo where they're not allowed to bring any players in unless they're under a certain cost (transfer and wages).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That would be far too soft. That message would mean that you can go ahead and cheat, and maybe you'll win, get to the premier league, and never look back - and if the worst happens, you sell the players you bought so you're back to where you'd have been if you hadn't cheated.

It would be like saying to thieves that IF they get caught, they'll have to give their stolen goods back, and then they're free to have another go.

They could have their fine spread over a number of years, and also be subject to a transfer embargo where they're not allowed to bring any players in unless they're under a certain cost (transfer and wages).

I meant to be made to sell their players to pay the fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here