Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Away

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am concerned that Jimmy has now had enough time to sort them out the way he wants, they looked a lot better on Saturday, obviously Austin is a real threat.
Feel we need 3 points but happy with draw, but I want 3 points on Saturday.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
League Football was a magazine included within the prog with general stuff in.

Quite right. Prior to 1973 (though at what point it changed, I don't know) it was called Football League Review and included articles about clubs and players in all four FL divisions. Reading such stuff at the time made you feel that there wasn't a "them and us" as there is now - we were all in the FL, and there wasn't a Prem to cream off the money and all the talent. In the days before wall-to-wall TV football it was a nice way of keeping up with the news from all parts of the League.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7191816 said:
Didn't realise we were on TV again! Excellent news!
And Saturday too! Spoilt [emoji4]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Our lot at King & Queen very early :drink:

DOWNSIDE:

Shit 1990's screens.

Full of Chinese/Japanese/Indian/Pakistani students who don't give a feck----- apologies to any who I have left out:moo:

Crap service from the Polish/Rumanian east European bar staff-----although they look nice (not the blokes)

Surrounded by DIPSTICKS and that's just my mates:moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

DOWNSIDE:

Shit 1990's screens.

Full of Chinese/Japanese/Indian/Pakistani students who don't give a feck----- apologies to any who I have left out:moo:

Crap service from the Polish/Rumanian east European bar staff-----although they look nice (not the blokes)

uploadfromtaptalk1450129793845.gif

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

DOWNSIDE:

Shit 1990's screens.

Count yourself lucky, the crap view at Loftus Road means you can't see the goal line under your feet.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Any other decent ones in the vicinity?

Apologies for delayed response, I had to pop out. In the area there are a few which will be ok for away supporters as most actual residents of the area aren't that interested in the football!

The Sindercombe Social which is on the junction of Goldhawk Rd & Shepherds Bush Green, a ten minute walk to Loftus Rd. It is actually opposite The BrewDog Pub. Someone else also mentioned The Defectors Weld which is closer to the ground as its on the North side of Shepherds Bush Green on the junction of Wood Lane which you can reach the ground if you want to walk that way. (Google a map of the area & you'll see its a straightforward walk to the ground.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Apologies for delayed response, I had to pop out. In the area there are a few which will be ok for away supporters as most actual residents of the area aren't that interested in the football!

The Sindercombe Social which is on the junction of Goldhawk Rd & Shepherds Bush Green, a ten minute walk to Loftus Rd. It is actually opposite The BrewDog Pub. Someone else also mentioned The Defectors Weld which is closer to the ground as its on the North side of Shepherds Bush Green on the junction of Wood Lane which you can reach the ground if you want to walk that way. (Google a map of the area & you'll see its a straightforward walk to the ground.

Don't know what the case is now, but I work in the area very close to the ground. Refused entry to Defectors on a match day a few years ago - and this was just a drink after work....

If you can get in both mentioned are good bets. I'm not a fan of Defectors but like Brew Dog.

There is also the modern but quite aggreable BULL at the back of the Westfield and handy for the station. Not much character but comfortable and they do a good selection of beer.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Don't know what the case is now, but I work in the area very close to the ground. Refused entry to Defectors on a match day a few years ago - and this was just a drink after work....

If you can get in both mentioned are good bets. I'm not a fan of Defectors but like Brew Dog.

There is also the modern but quite aggreable BULL at the back of the Westfield and handy for the station. Not much character but comfortable and they do a good selection of beer.

Colours may well be barred on match days at Defectors. If you're not wearing football stuff you'll be ok, but then most want to wear colours going to the bloody football!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I finish work in North Road at nine. What's the best local to head for ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Colours may well be barred on match days at Defectors. If you're not wearing football stuff you'll be ok, but then most want to wear colours going to the bloody football!

No - I've been down there (after work) a couple of times and they were only letting QPR fans in :)

Seriously. Not as a fan but as a local. Possibly on police advice.

I can't stand that pub when it's busy. You just know it's gonna take hours to get served.

theboybilly

They ask for proof of a 'Home' match ticket. It stupidly didn't occur to me to say I wasn't going to the game (in 2013), but from Clapham Gull's post it would seem that wouldn't have made much difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here