Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Away

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Possibly because the allocation permitted from a QPR perspective under league rules is 2,000 or 10% whichever is the smaller and we've been given 2,200?

Also, it's not like the league one days there where whichever tier we weren't given would be empty. They pretty much sell out now.

Sheffield Wednesday took 3,008 to QPR first game of the season, since then away teams have been restricted to the upper tier. Ipswich took 1,789, Bimingham 1,732 so clearly these 2 failed to sell out the 2,200 full upper tier allocation. Does anyone know if QPR offered more than the 2,200?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
QPR supporting mate of mine says that the upper tier is offered as per Football League guidelines re: 10% allocation numbers but if the visiting club wants the entire stand they have to pay for it up front in advance.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
QPR will only get 2K at the AMEX, why should we get more in a ground that only holds 18K ish. Even if there are seats up for grabs, would we let QPR have more don't think so.

Why on earth would we not? Their money is as good as anyone else's!

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
I want to go and watch the Albion at QPR but unfortunately our allocation is sold out. However there are plenty of tickets available on general sale from QPR on the lower tier in front of our fans behind the goal. I'm assuming QPR wouldn't worry too much providing I keep my mouth shut and behave like a neutral. Is anyone else planning on doing similar?
With so many home tickets available on general sale I can't fathom why they didn't give us a bigger allocation.

have just advertised 2 for sale in the away tickets wanted section

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I will be in the home end with a QPR-supporting client.

Hope I manage to behave as he's just awarded my Company quite a large contract!

Hold on tight then because QPR always winds me up, orrible fans inside and outside the ground. Something always seems to happen to make my pi!! boil. I would love it, love it if we win, but more than happy with a draw.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
If you're in the home end and you're sensible about things, you'll be fine. Anything else and you could be causing yourself and others problems ... depends on whether you think it's worth it or not.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Done it loads of times in various home-ends. After you involuntarily leap up with your hands in the air, you have to quickly bury your head in your hands feigning misery and distress at the away goal.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I've had a fiver on Croft to score twice. Not in a million years do I think he will, but couldn't resist it at 100/1.
You can get between 10/3 and 7-2 on an away win. Given I thought you were the better team on Sunday, it's tempting to open one of those accounts that gives you a free bet.

I've had a fiver on Croft to score twice. Not in a million years do I think he will, but couldn't resist it at 100/1.

If you don't like fivers, give them to me !

First away game this season and I shall be trying the suggested Clapham to SBush overground route. I shall also be chuckling at the Grim Groupon and its surrounding squalor as I pass by.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I shall be trying the suggested Clapham to SBush overground route.
Used to take ages having to go via Victoria and then on the underground - so much so, it was quicker to drive. The overground from Clapham is brilliant - a lot quicker than driving.

Get on the last carriage at Clapham as that's closest to the exit at Shepherds Bush.

gumbopickles

Jul 10, 2003
brighton
I have 2 spare txts for tonight due to late drop outs if anyone interested then PM me - can meet at the ground - £20 each in the Brighton end. let me know ASAP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here