Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Qatari censorship

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
…is well underway;

This is going to be a really hot mess, in every sense.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
…is well underway;

This is going to be a really hot mess, in every sense.
At least they aren’t arresting journalists

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

What does that have to do with Qatar?

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Not justifying it in anyway, but I film all over the world and this is pretty common in alot of countries - especially in regimes or countries that were formally regimes. I've even had it in the UK with police trying to stop me filming in a public place.

The Qatari's should be more aware about this stuff given the lens that is on them at the minute.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not justifying it in anyway, but I film all over the world and this is pretty common in alot of countries - especially in regimes or countries that were formally regimes. I've even had it in the UK with police trying to stop me filming in a public place.

The Qatari's should be more aware about this stuff given the lens that is on them at the minute.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they were Danes, who have been particularly outspoken about this tournament in Qatar, including changing their kits as a very minor “protest”. This was some pathetic attempt at petty revenge.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they were Danes, who have been particularly outspoken about this tournament in Qatar, including changing their kits as a very minor “protest”. This was some pathetic attempt at petty revenge.
Who knows. I've shot all over the middle east and had kit impounded.

I even did a bunch of stuff in saudi with official gov letters signed stating we and our kit were allowed to be there, and it was still impounded because the people and police on customs didn't want to be the people that got tricked by a fraud (even though legit).

It took 48 hours to get it all back.

Same in Russia + ex soviet countries - fear of being the guy who gets it wrong means they just do this stuff.

Qatar released a briefing about no filming in anything other than fan zones or outside stadiums, unless you have permits.

As said in previous post - i get stopped here. Last time was on road outside Old trafford. Security guard and police tried to stop us filming the stadium and impound kit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Once the football starts all will be forgotten I'm sure , rightly or wrongly
I think you'll find it is wrongly :shrug:

Although I agree with you that it will be forgotten.

(Unless England don't get out of the group stage, obviously)

:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Danes banned from having Human Rights For All on their training tops.

Imagine being against all human beings having human rights.

Have to admit, I am starting to think it was a mistake having a World Cup in Qatar...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Have to admit, I am starting to think it was a mistake having a World Cup in Qatar...
it'll all be worth it as we watch weeks of scintillating football in the Qatari sun. 🙄

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

Denmark was 'cancelled' a few years ago by the whole region by depicting the Prophet if I recall. Bit tricky for a lot of the big regional dairy companies at the time (i.e Arla) which were Danish parent-company owned and had the lion's share of the market.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
England fan on 5Live this morning saying he had not had his visa through yet although he has tickets, a container room booked and a flight Friday. Russia had to drop all visa requirements during their world cup so why haven't Qatar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here