Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar 2022 Stadium Pictures

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think it's a good & fair choice for a World Cup, you can't just ignore the Middle East because they're shite at football..

Nothing to do with footballing ability at all.

It's not good because they don't have the stadiums, fans, climate or culture to host a world cup. AND they plan on removing the stadiums afterwards. What is the point?

It's not fair because Australia had a far superior bid to them, they have fans, the passion, the arenas and a far more liberal, welcoming culture.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The most deserving country in regards to achievements & interest would be Saudi Arabia, but it would be too impractical and unsafe to host it there.

You wait, I'm very excited about the announcement of Saudi 2026. There will be a small media storm when it's announced that women won't be allowed in the stadiums, but Sepp Blatter will tell us it's all OK as they will set up small TV viewing rooms at Border Control in Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, Oman and the UAE (but not Yemen) so the ladies can watch on TV and wait for their husbands to return.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If it does all go wrong at the last minute and they can't host it, what would be the chances of us getting it? How many countries could hold a World Cup at short notice, who haven't had one recently? We could, I would have thought.

LE19

If it does all go wrong at the last minute and they can't host it, what would be the chances of us getting it? How many countries could hold a World Cup at short notice, who haven't had one recently? We could, I would have thought.

Good point. I wonder if there's a committee somewhere, quietly making contingency plans? Would all big events have a "Plan B"?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Don't really care, think we should boycott it and avoid even talking about it.

I completely agree with you - the fact its in qatar is a joke the whole process is corrupt - probably spend a billion quid on the stadiums that will never be used again. I hope blatter and his cronies all get sun stroke.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I completely agree with you - the fact its in qatar is a joke the whole process is corrupt - probably spend a billion quid on the stadiums that will never be used again. I hope blatter and his cronies all get sun stroke.

Blatter will be 86 in 2022. Any sun-stroke will be a blessed relief from dementia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here