Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Q,P,R and Leicester at home, something in common???

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
As Wanderbus pointed out to me last night when I had a momentary lapse in faith,
we always up our game against sides like this !
Glaringly obvious I suppose but, we are a very hard side to break down and the second best defence in the division !
Greer is a brilliant organiser and we normally get done when he's not there but last night was nothing to do with him either way.
We won FFS enjoy it !!! I am I can barely speak this morning .

Yoda

English & European
Nothing to do with Greer not being in the team, but their forward line closely marking our defenders when Koosh was looking for an outlet resulting us HAVING to get it forward more quickly.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think it is possibly because these teams actually come out and attack, leaving space for us to exploit.

It is the teams who come with a predominantly defensive shape who we struggle to open up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it is possibly because these teams actually come out and attack, leaving space for us to exploit.

It is the teams who come with a predominantly defensive shape who we struggle to open up.

This is exactly the correlation between these two games.

If that game had been 0-0 after 75 minutes last night against, say Birmingahm, it would have ended 0-0, as they'd have sat and been happy for the point, and we'd have failed to open them up. QPR (and Leicester) came for the win, and we exploited the gaps (eventually).

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
We have just won another game and kept a clean sheet against Bolton with Greer in the team. What does this say about your theory. It says your theory is wrong. Now can you PLEASE learn from it!!!!!!!!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Best two results and home performances of the season so far, credit to the lads. What's the one glaring fact that can be taken from both games??? More positive approach, especially in the second half last night. More than 1 goal, ball not going across the back line time and time again and getting it forward quicker...I've been wondering how this can be??????......oh yes, Gordon Greer played six minutes against Leicester and was out last night. Also think we were more positive against a good Hull side at home when he didn't play....Will he be straight back in on Saturday??? My guess would be of course he will, but you can only hope the penny has dropped......Credit where credit is due, well done to all concerned last night. Now can we PLEASE learn from it!!!!!!

You don't think it has anything to do with the opposition players pushing forward and leaving more room for us to attack in? where as a lot of teams (especially at the Amex) set up to stop teams scoring by getting a lot of players behind the ball and denying space and a goal shooting opportunity through weight of numbers?

What about our line up, were players like Buckley, Orlandi and Lua Lua fit, available and in form. These are the types of players we need to break down a solid defense but we have seen too little of them so far this season because of injuries but hopefully they will be back just in time to carry us into the play-offs and who knows.....

Don't get the obsession some are developing about making Greer a target of hate - doesn't our defensive record with him playing suugest that he is a key part of the team? Is it the responsibility of the centre half to be the creative spark in a side and not any of the other players on the pitch? - To me it's just pathetic attention seeking by a handful of very sad individuals

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We have just won another game and kept a clean sheet against Bolton with Greer in the team. What does this say about your theory. It says your theory is wrong. Now can you PLEASE learn from it!!!!!!!!!

kevtherev won't learn from it. He'll just disappear, not reply for ages then reappear like some odious, boring, repetitive phoenix the next time we have a bad result. I don't think he knows how to learn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here