Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Q&A with CMS and Calde - North West Sussex Seagulls

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Players of the season -
CMS went for Matty Upson , followed by Leo and Ince.
Calde nominated Leo with a mention to Wardy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, these are 2 players who give everything they have in every game You can't fault these two for answering that question as they did.

Quite. You could question that answer coming from the likes of Dobbie or Harley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must agree about leaving early one of my sons does it to avoid the queues to Brighton, then goes to the pub. Strange as we could easily score the goals to change from a 1 -0 defeat to a 2-1 win in the last 10 mins but each to his own I suppose.

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Cheers. Thought the question about the midwifery skills of Barry Fry and everyone's response was priceless. Laughter all around.

Dec 29, 2011
Another thing - early leavers - the players understand it, but really really don't like it at all. This was especially noted v Middlesborough. Calde said you don't normally leave a film early, you stay until the end.
Both players agreed that the fans can make the difference and by people leaving early it really can hurt them and that even if we are losing you should stay until the end. They recognised that the people who stayed are the fans who have been with us for a long time, Calde even mentioned that these would be the fans from the Gillingham / Withdean days.

The club are the ones who wanted people to be customer rather fans. As a customer I'll leave when I want, seeing as they're there to provide entertainment.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The club are the ones who wanted people to be customer rather fans. As a customer I'll leave when I want, seeing as they're there to provide entertainment.

As I say, don't shoot the messenger, I just relayed information - I did manage to speak to someone from the club last night too. They aren't happy with the early leavers situation either, and will for next season be looking into solutions which mean that even if we are 2-0 down with 10 minuets to go, more people want to stay.

That's what I got from last night.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As I say, don't shoot the messenger, I just relayed information - I did manage to speak to someone from the club last night too. They aren't happy with the early leavers situation either, and will for next season be looking into solutions which mean that even if we are 2-0 down with 10 minuets to go, more people want to stay.

That's what I got from last night.

It's certainly a big commercial challenge for the club, as all of the early leavers are potential post-match revenue walking out of the door.

The traditional gripe of many early leavers during the first couple of seasons at the Amex (myself included for evening matches) was the transport system. However, the system is noticeably better this season, but I don't think that message has got through to the fans.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

i'll leave when i want . i'll leave when i want , i am Ginger Beerman i 'll leave when i want :clap:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Funny how the early leavers are such a touchy bunch. Almost as if they know they're doing something wrong.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we're just going to have to accept that some people do just go as passives to watch entertainment, as opposed to supporters who want to help the team win.

I mean that in a GENUINE, non-bitter tone.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
People can leave when they like, what's the issue?? This has been killed to death now XD

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think we're just going to have to accept that some people do just go as passives to watch entertainment, as opposed to supporters who want to help the team win.

I mean that in a GENUINE, non-bitter tone.

Absolutely correct.

We might stand more of a chance of retaining them for the whole match, and capture some additional revenue after the final whistle, if there was some compelling post-mach entertainment etc.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I find it hard to believe >50% of our fans have pressing engagements to get to at 5.15pm on a Saturday. The numbers left come the final whistle are embarrassing.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Anyway - apart from the leaving issue - lots of other good points were raised, such as the differences between Gus and Oscar, and how Calde wants to remain here for a very long time.
Lots of respect for CMS too - that man worked his way up. The best is yet to come from him under Garcia.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
As someone who always stays right to the end of the match I'm actually quite happy that there are some early leavers. If everyone hung around for 20 minutes after the game then I would have a much longer queue for the P&R. As has been said before you wouldn't leave a film early but if you've paid your money then it's your choice whether you watch the whole game or leave with 5/10/20/45 minutes to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here