Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Pyecombe park and ride

Jun 2, 2023
1696317153698.png

Here's the Pycombe collection point, or at least that's where it was last time after Bournemouth. Our driver dropped us off at the regular P&R location pre match, so it caused a bit of confussion at full time trying to find the pick up point; and the first few stewards we asked had no idea where collection point was, but eventually found a someone in the know. We walked straight onto a bus and were back at the car in about 20 minutes.
Shame for those who had a bit of a mission getting to the ground pre match, but as another poster says, busses aren't immune to traffic on the A27 (unless we can lobby for a bus lane?). I had an over excited 10 year old as a travelling companion, so we were headed to the ground at about 11:30 to soak up pre-match, and it took about 15 minutes to get to the stadium.
Hopefully I have a similar experience on Sunday, as I'm feeling a bit evangelical about Pycombe at the moment and I would love to see it become a permanant offering. Mill Road is miserable, having to sacrifice the last 10 minutes of the match or suffer an hour long queue to get on a bus takes is just a bit rubbish for supporters.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
View attachment 167447

Here's the Pycombe collection point, or at least that's where it was last time after Bournemouth. Our driver dropped us off at the regular P&R location pre match, so it caused a bit of confussion at full time trying to find the pick up point; and the first few stewards we asked had no idea where collection point was, but eventually found a someone in the know. We walked straight onto a bus and were back at the car in about 20 minutes.
Shame for those who had a bit of a mission getting to the ground pre match, but as another poster says, busses aren't immune to traffic on the A27 (unless we can lobby for a bus lane?). I had an over excited 10 year old as a travelling companion, so we were headed to the ground at about 11:30 to soak up pre-match, and it took about 15 minutes to get to the stadium.
Hopefully I have a similar experience on Sunday, as I'm feeling a bit evangelical about Pycombe at the moment and I would love to see it become a permanant offering. Mill Road is miserable, having to sacrifice the last 10 minutes of the match or suffer an hour long queue to get on a bus takes is just a bit rubbish for supporters.

I've used Pyecombe a few times.
That is usually the collection point.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
View attachment 167447

I know you have helpfully already posted the picture but before I realised that I'd made this and want to post it otherwise it is a waste of effort

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 08.39.54.png

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Would be very helpful if they had a map / picture on the PDF you download explaining where collection point is on the PDF you download when booking

Stewards all saying "up top" with no one having a clue what that means ain't too helpful ...

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
View attachment 167447

Thanks. Do you go past the away coaches and then go up the slip road towards where the bus stop is for the 25/23 buses?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks. Do you go past the away coaches and then go up the slip road towards where the bus stop is for the 25/23 buses?
Walk out the coach park and turn right on Village Way. Or walk up the ramp that starts at the NW corner and goes up to Brighton Uni.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know it's sort of already been covered but, when leaving from the family stand, what's the best route out of the stadium to the pick-up point? I can't picture the slope from the stadium up to Village Way and I would think that getting through the coach park could be a bit of a ballache.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I know it's sort of already been covered but, when leaving from the family stand, what's the best route out of the stadium to the pick-up point? I can't picture the slope from the stadium up to Village Way and I would think that getting through the coach park could be a bit of a ballache.
Walk round past the norff and up behind the memorial garden.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Past the North Stand, up the slope furthest from the West Stand.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Uni and Bridge available... about 50 of each.

Frustratingly complicated business... I have booked car park and emailed support services to cancel the Pyecombe reservation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here