Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Pyecombe park and ride

Jul 7, 2003
Ditchling
Have any of you used this before?

I have booked it for Bournemouth. The website tells me it opens at 11am but does anyone know when the last shuttle bus leaves from there before kick off? I'm picking my son up from Gatwick and if he's delayed we may be running late.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

I have booked it for Bournemouth. The website tells me it opens at 11am but does anyone know when the last shuttle bus leaves from there before kick off? I'm picking my son up from Gatwick and if he's delayed we may be running late.
Don’t forget to pay the pick up charge , or you will be paying £100

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Just booked this. Was there an answer to this because Bobin Jnr\s football KO time (which is currently TBC) might mean we'll be cutting it fine...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just booked this. Was there an answer to this because Bobin Jnr\s football KO time (which is currently TBC) might mean we'll be cutting it fine...
This was on the EDF parking thread
For anyone wondering, Pyecombe was terrific for the Bournemouth game. Ok, yes the stewards at the ground had no idea where it was picking up from post match, but eventually we found a grown up to ask...(at the top of village way next by the Brighton Uni car park).
arriving at the equestrian centre pre match there no queues, walked straight onto a bus, 15 minute transfer to the stadium.
Post match, walk up the slope behind West stand, straight onto a bus again, little bit of traffic on village way getting out after the match but still only took about 20 minutes back to the site, in the car by 4:30 and home in Horsham before 5:00.

In summary, if you're already driving down the A23, or coming over from Lancing/Worthing direction on the A27, you'd be mad not to use it.
:thumbsup:

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
What happened ?
50 mins to get to ground; on a baking hot bus and a driver unwilling to get into fast lane to move up queue.
Got sent to Falmer village on way back to “collection point” by club stewards - real collection point was Brighton Uni - so including the walk there & back - another 50min journey

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
50 mins to get to ground; on a baking hot bus and a driver unwilling to get into fast lane to move up queue.
Got sent to Falmer village on way back to “collection point” by club stewards - real collection point was Brighton Uni - so including the walk there & back - another 50min journey
What time did you arrive, as another poster said 15 mins to ground. I did see there was a cock up with where they picked up on the way back :down:

Last edited:

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
What time did you arrive, as another poster said 15 mins. I did see there was a cock up with where they picked up on the way back :down:
Bus left 1255 ish
Made it just for kick off… NB - I got driver to drop me on hard shoulder of A27 and went under the subway as was going to be quicker than traffic up & over the road into car park

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I got this for Bournemouth game - first time had used it

Said nothing on tickets where pick up point was on way back - driver said it was where drop off was in coach park

So tried to find the queue - 3 or 4 stewards said its "up top"

Next steward said its that queue pointing to a queue

Spent 20 minutes in said queue before realised from others talking it was Racecourse queue

So walked around coach park, nearly got run over at one point, then about the fifth steward I asked knew what I was talking about and said its along Uni Road at back of WSL

I had been in WSL and if had known where to go could have been there 5 minutes after end of match

As it was I got there about 40 minutes after end of game and got last bus back to Pyecombe

Bit of a shambles - which is a shame as generally its much easier to get out of than Mill Road

On same bus back was 2 others who had been given same run around by clueless stewards

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I got this for Bournemouth game - first time had used it

Said nothing on tickets where pick up point was on way back - driver said it was where drop off was in coach park

So tried to find the queue - 3 or 4 stewards said its "up top"

Next steward said its that queue pointing to a queue

Spent 20 minutes in said queue before realised from others talking it was Racecourse queue

So walked around coach park, nearly got run over at one point, then about the fifth steward I asked knew what I was talking about and said its along Uni Road at back of WSL

I had been in WSL and if had known where to go could have been there 5 minutes after end of match

As it was I got there about 40 minutes after end of game and got last bus back to Pyecombe

Bit of a shambles - which is a shame as generally its much easier to get out of than Mill Road

On same bus back was 2 others who had been given same run around by clueless stewards
I can't think of where there's any parking outside WSL, or do you mean up the steps, out of the stadium and down on the right by Brighton Uni where the David Lloydd used to be ? Thanks

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Stupid question time. Do I book this via the Albion website? Can’t see anything obvious that talks about the Pyecombe option. Thanks

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
On journey there, EDF and Mill Road similar timings as A27 by-pass gridlocked. What did you expect your driver to do about the traffic, as Pyecombe p&r buses also have to negotiate the A23/A27 join which was also chaos?

And could you clarify what you mean by “fast lane to move up queue”? Wondering if you mean to dive in to Falmer off slip road, or did you mean to join A27 off slip late from A23, both of which, if an accident had been caused, could have jeopardised your driver’s job, or worse still, caused an accident? Please clarify.

Jul 7, 2003
Stupid question time. Do I book this via the Albion website? Can’t see anything obvious that talks about the Pyecombe option. Thanks
It’s under the parking part of the ticketing site

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The traffic was a mess for everyone. EDF bus was over an hour to the ground.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I can't think of where there's any parking outside WSL, or do you mean up the steps, out of the stadium and down on the right by Brighton Uni where the David Lloydd used to be ? Thanks
No when you walk along village way past coach park - never walked that far up myself before - am sure if you just walk up the small road behind WSL where taxis do drop offs you get there in 2 minutes - just took me about 40 minutes and no steward knowing the answer to my question other than "up top" - coach then just drives out along village way past coach park

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here