Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Puy du Fou theme park

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My wife took the kids and had fun. It is a bit bonkers, all the commentary was in French (with no English at all) when they went which is probably for the best as it does get a bit religious and pro-Christian. (My mrs speaks French very well so understood it.). Just a day is needed really. All about the dramatic recreations. They were visiting relatives near Nantes when they went so no practical advice but it’s about 4 hour drive from Newhaven.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
It’s superb, we were staying an hour away so drove. you do need the whole day to see it all.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A couple of hours up the road from me, but yet to see it. On my "to see" list in the spring. Has very good reviews from those I know who have seen it. Most have suggested that maybe two days to visit is better.

Went several times late 'noughties with our two daughters when they were younger. Both now young adults and often ask if we can go back there again :) Probably even more awesome now, worth splashing out and staying in one of the hotels in the park. A lot of "...how do they do that" moments....."

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Went for a couple of days, staying overnight, in 2017.

The sinking viking ship... the drone lightshow... the gladiators... the birds of prey... the revolving indoor theatre. It's bloody fantastic.

(English commentary is available by headset).

IMG_7650.JPG

170604_franceholidaypuydufoy_0239.jpg

170604_franceholidaypuydufoy_0479.jpg

170603_franceholidaypuydufoy_9829.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We've been there twice as part of family holidays in France when the kids were younger.

It's an amazing place! I'd definitely recommend it.

Same goes for Futuroscope too (y)

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Went about 10 years ago when staying in Vendee. so it may have changed, but it was a great experience, unique. Birds of prey show included vultures. Restaged gladiator show in the Colliseum. Viking invasion with the ship rising out of the water. Need a whole day - go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here