Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Putting the DULL into Dulwich

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If anyone is in London and needs a bit of a break from the drudgery of International break week Kevin Day and I are doing a live Price of Football show at Dulwich Hamlet FC on Thursday night.

We are conscious that times are tough for many so have reduced ticket prices to £5 (plus booking fee) but if you are skint there’s an option to pay nothing. Sometimes escaping four walls can be good for your health in a variety of ways.

We will be talking a bit about the new Unfit and Improper book but no hard sell. Rare unsigned copies may be available at the venue.

Dullard Tickets

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I cannot attend, alas, but I am heartened to see you putting the DULL into Wich.

The last time I went to Dulwich was to visit my cousins in the summer of 1978. Well, not all of the them, as one of them was at work. I can find out the exact date if anyone really needs to know. We played football in the park and arrived home in time for tea. A lovely dull day.

Dec 29, 2011
Best football podcast going. I use it every week to help me fall asleep, honestly it does the trick within five minutes.

But seriously thanks, it's given me many hours of good listening and a few laughs along the way too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I cannot attend, alas, but I am heartened to see you putting the DULL into Wich.

The last time I went to Dulwich was to visit my cousins in the summer of 1978. Well, not all of the them, as one of them was at work. I can find out the exact date if anyone really needs to know. We played football in the park and arrived home in time for tea. A lovely dull day.
Did you have scones and lovely jam?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The last time I went to Dulwich was to visit my cousins in the summer of 1978. Well, not all of the them, as one of them was at work. I can find out the exact date if anyone really needs to know.
Well, if it isn't too much trouble?

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023

Think we need to know no we demand to know the exact date please

Dec 29, 2011
Best football podcast going. I use it every week to help me fall asleep, honestly it does the trick within five minutes.

But seriously thanks, it's given me many hours of good listening and a few laughs along the way too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Think we need to know no we demand to know the exact date please
Well, now you ask, I appear to have the date wrong. And we weren't home in time for tea either...

It was 30th June 1977. And we arrived home at 20.15. So I doubt I would have had enough time for supper before bedtime. But we definitely played football, I have a picture of me holding said ball.

Last edited:

luge

Dec 18, 2010
If anyone is in London and needs a bit of a break from the drudgery of International break week Kevin Day and I are doing a live Price of Football show at Dulwich Hamlet FC on Thursday night.

We are conscious that times are tough for many so have reduced ticket prices to £5 (plus booking fee) but if you are skint there’s an option to pay nothing. Sometimes escaping four walls can be good for your health in a variety of ways.

We will be talking a bit about the new Unfit and Improper book but no hard sell. Rare unsigned copies may be available at the venue.

Dullard Tickets
I used to live round the corner from there. Great place, enjoy!

Survived the ticket scramble for this one in Tier 2 and bringing some work mates

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well l spent most of the 1980's living in Dulwich Road, Herne Hill, and that was most certainly DULL.

Don't worry, Herne Hill is London SE24, not SE25, so not quite that bad!

el punal

I caught the train back to Victoria from West Dulwich several times back in the 1970s after visiting a girl friend who lived there. She used to call it Dullsville. I found that quite interesting and often pondered on the choice of description.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My dad played football for Dulwich Hamlet..
He was not dull , he used to show me how to make bombs in the shed.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Did you fall asleep and then wake up again without realising?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here