Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Put Your Hands up For Brighton to Replace Good Old Sussex By The Sea ?

Put Your Hands Up For Brighton v Good Old Sussex By The Sea

• Put Your Hands Up For Brighton

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Good Old Sussex By The Sea

Votes: 176 92.1%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm going back to ooh...probably late 70s and early 80s. Around the time Worthing played Dartford then Oxford in the FA Cup.

Glory days!

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Gosbts for me as well. But yes it does need re-recording but in a traditional way, just improving and updating the version we have. We don't need some shite re-recording by the Kooks or some other band with a loose connection to Brighton.

The brass band for the opening of Falmer is a brilliant idea.

Incidently, I like Put Your Hands Up For Brighton and I thought Gully's Girls did a good job on Wed night.

Fat Pete Clemenza

Apr 22, 2008
I have followed the Albion for over 30 years and Good Old Sussex By The Sea has always been our tune to walk out on the pitch to.

However these days I think it sounds totally dated, and a bit rubbish.

I think Fatboy Slims brilliant Put Your Hands Up for Brighton should definately replace it.

Does anyone else?

YouTube - Put Your Hands Up For Brighton

stfupointsquarepw9.gif

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going back to ooh...probably late 70s and early 80s. Around the time Worthing played Dartford then Oxford in the FA Cup.

Glory days!

I was talking late 40s early 50s when Ray Blooms brothers, I think it was, David and Arthur, where playing along with Reggie Bowles Vince Taylor etc. Worthing were in the Corinthian League.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not only should we keep it, but it should be played live, by a brass band.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Fat Boy Slim remix of GOSBTS is the only change I'd maybe be happy with.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
My grandfather played the cornet in the original Haywards Heath band that played GOSBTS at the Goldstone during the 1930s so on a personal level anyone who suggests another 'banging' tune can f*** right off.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If we're talking music to be played before the game, I rekon we should go in a completely different direction and play some heavier stuff like System of a Down or Slipknott, and then mix things up a bit with some new skool gabba techno.

*edit* By that I don't mean as the team come out, anything other than GOSBTS is spasticated

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here