Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Put aside the disappointment of tonight

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. Disappointing given the circumstances but would've bitten anyone's hand off for 2 points and still unbeaten from these 2 tough aways...

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
8 points lost with goals conceded in last 10 mins (Bolton, Reading, Derby, QPR).
8 points gained with goals scored in last 10 mins. (Fulham, Leeds, Bristol City, Charlton).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
12 points we've dropped from winning position. TWELVE.

The run is brilliant but I'd prefer those points to be honest.

We have to learn how to close games down.

That's a very negative way of looking at things. We haven't gone behind in games so we've been ahead more than other teams. You can make stats say anything you want to.
We are still on course with an average of two points a game.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I would have taken a point but our mistakes and lack of ability to close out a game should be VERY concerning especially if we are serious about going up automatically. We aren't winning enough and in December alone, our sloppy start at Charlton could have been a loss or draw and only because of their fragility we came back. Thrown away leads in last 5mins or so against Derby & QPR.

Maybe we don't have enough depth or competition for places, but I've said for a while this unbeaten thing is a bit of a fraud when there are teams with stronger form than us.

So, So True, despite what some of our enthusiastic posters say, it is cock ups like tonight's which will cost us at the end of the season !!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would have taken a point but our mistakes and lack of ability to close out a game should be VERY concerning especially if we are serious about going up automatically. We aren't winning enough and in December alone, our sloppy start at Charlton could have been a loss or draw and only because of their fragility we came back. Thrown away leads in last 5mins or so against Derby & QPR.

Maybe we don't have enough depth or competition for places, but I've said for a while this unbeaten thing is a bit of a fraud when there are teams with stronger form than us.

Nobody in the division has more points than us, we haven't been beaten, we have been top longer than any other team, we have played Derby, Burnley and QPR, Away and haven't lost. And we have had FIVE regular first team players out for longer than six weeks.
And our form over the WHOLE season is better than any other team in England.

Im happy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nobody in the division has more points than us, we haven't been beaten, we have been top longer than any other team, we have played Derby, Burnley and QPR, Away and haven't lost. And we have had FIVE regular first team players out for longer than six weeks.
And our form over the WHOLE season is better than any other team in England.

Im happy

Don't get me wrong I am delighted too. However I can also see with our form vs the teams around us, it wouldn't surprise me to see us falling behind by end of Jan

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Don't get me wrong I am delighted too. However I can also see with our form vs the teams around us, it wouldn't surprise me to see us falling behind by end of Jan

Hopefully by then, Bong, Kaz, Baldock, an a fit Crofty will be back, and that's without any other coming in.
Every team we play, thier manager says we are the best they've played, even Hollowhead was singing our praises tonight on Sky, saying we are the best all round team in the division. We all knew December would be tough (so is April, btw) but with our first team coming back, I'm really getting quite excited about this season

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That's a very negative way of looking at things. We haven't gone behind in games so we've been ahead more than other teams. You can make stats say anything you want to.
We are still on course with an average of two points a game.

I'm feeling negative. I'll be all puppies and optimism again by Saturday morning. For now, I'm going to fume about the f**king mess we made of tonight.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I suppose it's a good point really but what alarmed me was that feeling of inevitability after they scored their first. Dunk would not have been marking Austin anyway for their second. At 2-0 we should have finished them on the break. We so miss KLL when the game is open like tonight.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Of course, it's very disappointing to let another lead slip away from home, but another very tough away game which I'm sure most would have taken a point from at the start given the new manager effect. Injuries and suspensions stacking up, if we can pick up 4 points from the next two games we can strengthen in January and positives sounds on the injury front with Baldock, LuaLua and Bong all hopeful to be back in January. Still unbeaten, up the albion :albion2:

I felt the same disappointment after the game, although you could see the equaliser coming once Dunk was sent off.
But when I examine the whole game it was perhaps a fair result. I thought QPR played the best of any other team we've played this season. Austin is no doubt a class striker on his day, he could have had three or four had it not been for Stockdale.
Back to the Amex now & let's beat Boro. I feel for Solly March tonight with the news he's out for the rest of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm feeling negative. I'll be all puppies and optimism again by Saturday morning. For now, I'm going to fume about the f**king mess we made of tonight.

Switch off and have a hot chocolate. It will make you fee better. We got a point which I would have taken before kick off. We don't win at Loftus Road.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Of course, it's very disappointing to let another lead slip away from home, but another very tough away game which I'm sure most would have taken a point from at the start given the new manager effect. Injuries and suspensions stacking up, if we can pick up 4 points from the next two games we can strengthen in January and positives sounds on the injury front with Baldock, LuaLua and Bong all hopeful to be back in January. Still unbeaten, up the albion :albion2:

Great stuff, but on the lighter side, there is now an Albion scarf on Hollyoaks to go with the cushion :albion2:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20151215_233349.jpg
    IMG_20151215_233349.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 776
  • IMG_20151215_233454.jpg
    IMG_20151215_233454.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 765

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
8 points lost with goals conceded in last 10 mins (Bolton, Reading, Derby, QPR).
8 points gained with goals scored in last 10 mins. (Fulham, Leeds, Bristol City, Charlton).

Surely it's 9 gained as against Charlton we scored twice in last ten :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
11 away games and we haven't been behind in a game. #holdthenerve

Great stat - thanks for bringing it up :clap2:

Also, it's all very well saying we've 'dropped' 12 points but just because you go into the lead in the game doesn't mean you're going to win it. Even Barca will 'drop' points from winning positions every season. Yes, tonight is frustrating given the circumstances but we'd have all taken a fl draw against a team unbeaten at home in 8 or whatever. It's just a shame we played them when they're in form and galvanised by a new manager and the best striker in the league happened to be back fit and starting - factor into it our injury issues and it's a hell of a point on paper..!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here