Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Purely Stand Up ... who is best ON the boards now?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
just wondered ...

I still like Jack Dee and Micheal McIntyre but apprecaite I don't get out much and can't see the talent that is there today waiting in the wings!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I like jason manford and ed byrne. Although I did enjoy bill bailey on channel 4. This evening.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Jimmy Carr is quality, I like Bill Bailey but this eveing I thought it dragged on a bit ... Jason Manford I like for his mate in a pub type routine.

Ed Byrne I don't really get

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Check out Rhod Gilberts lost luggage joke.. I think the best version is the one he did on Michael Mcintyres show.. I was in pain with laughter...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where is Rhod at the moment? Please remember you are talking to a technophobe who will be searching the wife's Dyson and Son's PS3 looking for this f**king bloke!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think Bill Bailey, like Eddie Izzard before him has lost it a bit.

Bill Bailey was on his way to national treasure status, but seems to have gone a bit backward. I thought his last tour was very disappointing.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I think Bill Bailey, like Eddie Izzard before him has lost it a bit.

Bill Bailey was on his way to national treasure status, but seems to have gone a bit backward. I thought his last tour was very disappointing.

Bill Bailey is okay but as usual got very over-hyped and people lost sight of the fact that he is far from the best comedian around. The Tinselworm tour particularly is just terrible.

I really like Rhod Gilbert and must go and see him live - I like the lost luggage routine but my favourite of his is the one about buying a duvet! Anyone like Tim Minchin?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The Iranian guy on the beeb is good but after a couple of shows you feel you've seen the act although the words may change the format is the same ... if you get my drift?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Dara O'Briain is excellent

Seconded. I've seen him twice and he was brilliant both times.

I'd also nominate Ed Byrne, Michael McIntyre (looking forward to seeing him on Wednesday night), Stewart Francis and, from a slightly older but still going generation, Billy Connolly.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
I don't love Rhod Gilbert in stand-up-mode but he was genuinely funny on never mind the buzzcocks and very quick-witted

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The problem is the more popular they become the less subtle the humour becomes as they play to the mainstream DVD audience ... Take Peter Kay, was classic now too safe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here