Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pull yourselves together

Relying on the January FFP results to save us must be one of the worst cries of despair I've ever read on a Brighton messageboard. Not sure the OP really thought that through.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We aren't being outclassed in every game.

true and that has given Hyypia a lot of leeway in the result and given him time. but the end of the days, the results arent coming. something isnt working and we cant continue like this. last season we sneaked into the playoffs by virtue of other clubs not being good enough. i really, really dont want to rely on the same to stay up. the players are decent enough so if he cant get a win at home to Wigan, its time Hyypia went.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Relying on the January FFP results to save us must be one of the worst cries of despair I've ever read on a Brighton messageboard. Not sure the OP really thought that through.

You have over simplified and completely misunderstood.

Nobody is relying on FFP to save Brighton and I didn't write this even if you seem to have read it.

January will be the first test of the Football League's mettle when it comes to FFP. Once the results have been published and any punishments meted out, we will see whether the system and administrators will stand up to challenge. Whatever the outcome, this will be a game changer. It will be clear to all owners whether those who tried to meet FFP targets or those who ignored or tried to find loopholes made the best move. This is nothing to do with this season, but it will set the tone for the competition in the next decade.

Underlying the point I was making is that there are much larger issues at hand this year than whether or not Brighton finish 7th or 21st, but that a lot of fans are blinded to this and over reacting to a string of disappointing results. Thanks for personifying my point.

Last edited:

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
We are drawing games we should have won and losing games we should have drawn.
We have lost only one game by more than one goal.
We would probably have got a draw tonight if the pressure of the winless run hadn't made us chase the win.
We have an inexperienced management team who will make mistakes.
We aren't going to go up this year, but nobody tipped us to.

Instead of suggesting that we sack everyone at the club and starting conspiracy theories that the chairman is deliberately trying to fail, perhaps it would be more useful to show some backbone whilst the management and team work hard to improve things which will turn the margins in our favour. Signings like Elliott Bennett should help provide the type of good chances that our strikers put away today and have done at their previous clubs.

This season was always going to be about what happens after January's FFP results are published. If things don't improve after that, then we can all run around around with our hair on fire.

Cue someone saying that we will be twelve points adrift in 24th by then, despite the fact that, even with the winless run, we haven't been in the relegation zone yet.

Well said that man come on everyone

419446_1.jpg

YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU

D

Deleted member 2719

We would probably have got a draw tonight if the pressure of the winless run hadn't made us chase the win.

Instead of suggesting that we sack everyone at the club and starting conspiracy theories that the chairman is deliberately trying to fail, perhaps it would be more useful to show some backbone whilst the management and team work hard to improve things which will turn the margins in our favour. Signings like Elliott Bennett should help provide the type of good chances that our strikers put away today and have done at their previous clubs.

This season was always going to be about what happens after January's FFP results are published. If things don't improve after that, then we can all run around around with our hair on fire.

Cue someone saying that we will be twelve points adrift in 24th by then, despite the fact that, even with the winless run, we haven't been in the relegation zone yet.

Do you like coffee? If so wake up and smell some............................................................please.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

A little naive do you not think? This is exactly how Wolves drifted into the relegation zone and ultimately relegated a few seasons ago as they were not being hammered every week and lived off the premise that they were too good to go down.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Something has to change, and being as it's not possible to replace a whole team of under achieving players at this point in the season then the axe generally falls on the manager.
I thought Hyppia would be a good appointment, but it's not working out. My thoughts after last nights game were that he'd have to go if we don't get a win on Tuesday, however I simply no longer think he is the man to take us forward, regardless of Tuesday.
We require somebody with management experience of English football, and in particular sound knowledge of the Championship and getting out of it(upwards, as opposed to downwards)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What is wrong with some people? Our tactics are appalling, we are so easy to play against and have zero width due to the insane strategy of not playing wingers on the wings. Our defence was also dire. Anyone who isn't extremely concerned with this numpty in charge needs their heads checking. No chance is he turning this around.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I will decide to panic or just remain very uneasy after the next couple of home games. Not sure 6 points would mean I'd feel confident. I still think Hypia and Jones need an experienced head alongside them. There was a shot of them both, on TV last night, when a long pass to empty space went for a throw in. The bewildered expression on their faces for me said it all.

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I been supporting the Shrimps Dolphins and now the seagulls for over Fifty years it upsets me that we don't get behind the team at the Amex the football has been more entertaining but the rub of the green has been against us I thought last night the team where a bit unlucky they should have had a penalty when Lua Lua managed to stay on his feet a shame we didn't score from his cross and a Brilliant save by the Bournemouth Goalkeeper from Dunk. I say it again this is when we need to get behind the team at the Amex like our away support. Please keep the faith we are Brighton Fans and be proud of what the club and fans have achieved we could have gone out of the league and bust!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Having been there today I'm feeling surprisingly upbeat despite the defeat. We deserved at least a point, if we carry on playing with the same passion we will be ok.

Unlikely that we will carry on playing sides who were as poor as bournemouth yesterday. They might have been fantastic for the majority of the season so far but yesterday they were very average,bordering poor imo

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A little naive do you not think? This is exactly how Wolves drifted into the relegation zone and ultimately relegated a few seasons ago as they were not being hammered every week and lived off the premise that they were too good to go down.

Wolves weren't in the relegation zone when they sacked Solbakken. They got worse under Saunders.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Far too sensible I forgot where I was gor a moment

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Wolves weren't in the relegation zone when they sacked Solbakken. They got worse under Saunders.

It's just too awful Stato. The table doesn't lie, the manager is clueless, he has to go, the players have no confidence....I've run out of predictable cliches...er the seagulls over the stadium are looking depressed...it's just too awful. Actually nah I've changed my mind, there's hope yet. Need to continue as we did last night, tighten up a few things and with the small points difference on the table we could get something out of this season.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Oh I almost forgot, we need Mullary as manager. That'll do it :laugh:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unlikely that we will carry on playing sides who were as poor as bournemouth yesterday. They might have been fantastic for the majority of the season so far but yesterday they were very average,bordering poor imo

Your opponents are only as good as you allow them to be in most cases. Could some credit not be given to our players for stopping them doing what they have done all season? We haven't been outplayed many times this season and I am sure there is light at the end of the tunnel and SH will turn it around

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Were Bournemouth poor yesterday or did we play reasonably well?
The poor side that beat us yesterday won 8 0 away from home last week and beat a Premier side during the week, give some credit.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Were Bournemouth poor yesterday or did we play reasonably well?
The poor side that beat us yesterday won 8 0 away from home last week and beat a Premier side during the week, give some credit.

The Bournemouth defending was uncharacteristically poor on occasions, pushing too deep. That said we were uncharacteristically good at pressing them up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here