Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs you remember that have been long gone(15 years or more) Sussex only

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Sorry I thought that you meant Roy.

i reckon roy was gutted when toby got in there. they ripped the heart out of an amazing pub. the restaurant although smaller was always busy, and the rest was - all pub and also always busy. i spent half my life in there for a while. hate it when large companies take things over like this. guess thats why i really like bha being owned by someone whos trying to do well now, but more importantly looking after our future!!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
only occasionally. i was just starting to be more regular (as i moved opposite it) when it shut down

Yep it started to be good then closed.some good people around that area and spme great memories. How much for the sign??

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not sure if they are considered pubs, but The Abinger, and the Alhambra on Brighton seafront.

Ah, the Abinger was a regular on the weekend pub crawl along with the Sussex Sunday League HQ at the Clock Tower that is no more. Come to think of it, so was the Bosun, Queen Anne and what was the pub at the bottom of East Street under the cinema?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ah, the Abinger was a regular on the weekend pub crawl along with the Sussex Sunday League HQ at the Clock Tower that is no more. Come to think of it, so was the Bosun, Queen Anne and what was the pub at the bottom of East Street under the cinema?

The Pickwick?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
The Font & Firkin. It's still there. Called The Font. It's just not the same

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The Belvedeer- a bit further west along from the Fortune of war

Two spaces east of FoW me thinks.. (Could be wrong, but i used to work in the Miami Dolphins Fish and Chip shop in between in the 80's)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here