Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs with food.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Havent been out for lunch on a Sunday for years do you have to book everywhere? Does nobody take chance customers anymore?
I'm sure many places do, provided that they haven't had a lot of bookings for that particular day/time.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
BG Lots have mentioned The Cock but the family now own the Highlands Inn at the south end of Uckfield as well. As I pass by every evening it has been busy meaning a/ it is good b/ book in advance.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If you know in advance you're going why not book. Anyway loads of good pubs clustered around Lewes. I would suggest that the Snowdrop Inn in Lewes won't be to your taste, but you could try the Abergevenny Arms at Rodmell, seems a decent solid pub, freehouse, child and animal friendly. I haven't eaten there but I'm told the food is good traditional pub stuff.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you know in advance you're going why not book. Anyway loads of good pubs clustered around Lewes. I would suggest that the Snowdrop Inn in Lewes won't be to your taste, but you could try the Abergevenny Arms at Rodmell, seems a decent solid pub, freehouse, child and animal friendly. I haven't eaten there but I'm told the food is good traditional pub stuff.[/QUOTE

I know that I shll be going from Penshurst to Brighton at some time Sunday aafternoon but as yet do not have full detaiils about the Chistening we are attending so do not know what time to book for. The only downside to The Snowdrop is the latest menu shown is for February but must say it looked quite good but again at the moment a time to book for is the probem

There is a BBQ provided for the Christening but as we are at a BBQ held for our 50th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday I dont fance 2 BBQ on days following each other.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you know in advance you're going why not book. Anyway loads of good pubs clustered around Lewes. I would suggest that the Snowdrop Inn in Lewes won't be to your taste, but you could try the Abergevenny Arms at Rodmell, seems a decent solid pub, freehouse, child and animal friendly. I haven't eaten there but I'm told the food is good traditional pub stuff.

The Abergevenny Arms at Rodmell is a great shout, I haven't been there for Sunday lunch but I went for a meal last Thursday evening, nice friendly pub, good food and beer.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The Abergevenny Arms at Rodmell is a great shout, I haven't been there for Sunday lunch but I went for a meal last Thursday evening, nice friendly pub, good food and beer.

How you doing mate---- are you going to the Lewes match? I'm going just to get a taste of the Black Stuff :drink:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How you doing mate---- are you going to the Lewes match? I'm going just to get a taste of the Black Stuff :drink:

Fine thanks, I'm thinking of going to the Peacehaven v Luton Town match as its nearer home and I don't have to worry about a ticket.
I could change my mind though if you are going to the pub before, nothing set in stone yet.

andy46

Mar 22, 2012
Stags head in portslade old village is brill, village feel good food and no ponsy posers with cars on hp

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Fine thanks, I'm thinking of going to the Peacehaven v Luton Town match as its nearer home and I don't have to worry about a ticket.
I could change my mind though if you are going to the pub before, nothing set in stone yet.

The wife has no idea of my future afternoons out :drink:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Stags head in portslade old village is brill, village feel good food and no ponsy posers with cars on hp

Just been in there this lunchtime for the first time, courtesy of following the Ale Trail.

The roasts were under a tenner and very very good.

Staff behind the bar really welcoming

Harveys and Ghost ship marvellous

The Stags Head is a new one for me. I will return

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I nearly have a recommendation.

I was cycling in Lesser Sussex on Friday, and I happen to notice a nice looking village pub (well nice for over there anyway) reopening after a refit, either this or next weekend.

Other than the fact it was probably just West of Maresfield I can't be much more help.

But I sure NSC knows where I mean, and as said being 'new' should mean it's not too shabby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here