Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs serving Thai food

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone know if the Pond is still
As good as it was a couple of years ago?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If anyone ever visits Cambridge, try the Wrestlers' on Newmarket Road. The LL's wife is Thai and serves pretty authentic (if you ask for it) Thai food. Good ales. A bit spit and sawdust (the latter literally until two years ago), but brilliant food. Cheap too.

As a former Cambridge resident, I would very much echo this.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
http://www.thelongmanpub.co.uk/

Does decent Thai food.

The other side of the pub has Sky sports and they do a bus to the stadium on match days
For the sport fans, we run a bus service taking 100 Brighton football fans to and from the Amex stadium on match days

5 minute walk from me and if I didn't use my motorbike to get to the stadium - this is what i would do

our choice of footy transport and a huge YES for the thai food....very nice indeed and decent value.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
http://www.thelongmanpub.co.uk/

Does decent Thai food.

The other side of the pub has Sky sports and they do a bus to the stadium on match days
For the sport fans, we run a bus service taking 100 Brighton football fans to and from the Amex stadium on match days

5 minute walk from me and if I didn't use my motorbike to get to the stadium - this is what i would do

Sshhhhhhhhhh we don't want too many people coming else the buses will get full!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Please listen. St James for Thai is on a different level compared to the other suggestions.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Not a pub but Thai Street Food is a Thai cafe in Worthing. Wonderfully eccentric and serving the best South East Asian food I have had since leaving Cambodia.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Apparently The Caxton does Thai food, and I'm supposed to be there for the Cup Final on Saturday afternoon. Is it any good, or should I eat before I arrive?

I also used to live in Cambridge, and would recommend The Wrestlers. Hopefully they get promoted this year, and we play them in the League Cup...

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Inspired by this thread, I'm off to a pub that does Thai food in Lutterworth tomorrow night. Authentic Thai chefs apparently. I'm not sure whether a few pints of real ale are going to be the best accompaniment though.

I'll report back but this is probably rather off-patch for NSC unless you want to dive off the M1 for a meal on the way back from northern away games next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here