Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs in Tunbridge Wells for the away leg?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Im sure there will be people drinking in Cassidys that are Palace and Brighton and some there just to get pissed before they go to the delight that is Beluga's.

But at the minute you both sound a bit stupid squabling about a small pub that is showing some football.

I'm old school: Cassidy's = The Village; Beluga's = Davinci's (for me, personally, the scene of more terrible and forgettable nights out than classic memorable ones - "not tonight gents", "what year were you born?" pretty tough getting past the bouncers in the late eighties....

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I'm old school: Cassidy's = The Village; Beluga's = Davinci's (for me, personally, the scene of more terrible and forgettable nights out than classic memorable ones - "not tonight gents", "what year were you born?" pretty tough getting past the bouncers in the late eighties....

Buffalo Bills and the White Bear - drinking in the pantiles outside the Swan on a Friday night. Mmmm isn't it.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I lived in Tunbridge WElls for around 20 years - its changing a little in Cassidys on the demographics. The LIverpool cup tie had around 15 of us - an afternoon to forget other than some **** of a Liverpool fan who looked like the bloke off Moneybox getting a lot of grief.

I watched the Bournemouth home game a couple of years ago (the last minute dodgy penalty game at Withdean) and there were around a dozen of us in there.

However to be fair to the Palace locals when they got beat by Sheff Utd a couple of seasons ago there were about 20 of them in there - very drunk and pretty aggressive.

Will be interesting to see what the lay of the land is in there on Friday. I know there are a group of about 10 Brighton fans who will be in there from around 3pm on the sauce.

Could be interesting.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
All about Chez Moo

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
All about Chez Moo

Chez moi!!! Its the Tropicana (now thats really old school) it was called the Trop when I was old enough to start clubbing and it was far better than any of its reincarnations. I should know I was DJ at Chez Moi and Davinchis way back in the day.
I left T Wells over 25 years ago, I go back about twice a year to visit friends, there were very few Brighton fans in T Wells in those days.
The town has changed so much, but I have fantastic memories of teens and early twenties there.
Where the hell is Cassidys, someone enlighten me, or say what it used to be called.
I know the CP of course as that was there when Noah was a boy.
The other pub in Camden Road (at the bottom) was always full of Millwall and Chelsea, bad fights every weekend, full of skinheads and horrible white racist idiots, i forget its name, but its now a Muslim prayer centre, that always makes me laugh when I see it.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Anyone know how I can get back to T.Wells after the home leg - anyone sorting a bus?

Seagull Travel have a coach going to the Amex from TW for every game. Myself and at least 4 others are heading to Cassidys on friday as well - should be at least 25 of us in there. As for Palace, just a thought, if they were proper Palace gimps wouldn't they actually be at Selhurst?

Raleigh mate, Cassidys is the old Village Inn.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Seagull Travel have a coach going to the Amex from TW for every game. Myself and at least 4 others are heading to Cassidys on friday as well - should be at least 25 of us in there. As for Palace, just a thought, if they were proper Palace gimps wouldn't they actually be at Selhurst?

Raleigh mate, Cassidys is the old Village Inn.

Right, i'm nearly there, I remember the Village Inn, but I used to drink in there before they re-done it out, cant remember what it was before ( god i,m getting old) but it was a cool pub that went straight downhill when they made it the Village Inn.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Cassidy's or Sankeys would be my guess.....As an ex T Wellsian (if that's what you call it?!?), they were my "go to" places for football. Maybe that shithole of a place opposite Skinners (the name escapes me at the moment), although that is a "Chelsea" Pub.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Yep - my mum has the dubious pleasure of living around that area - can remember a pub opposite the CP called JAKS where cokeheads used to congregate and look all pumped up and scary. One guy chased me down the road with a lump of 2x4 for no reason at all. 'Orrible clientele.

Actually worked in there for a little bit........Your description is monumentally accurate though!!!!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Cassidy's or Sankeys would be my guess.....As an ex T Wellsian (if that's what you call it?!?), they were my "go to" places for football. Maybe that shithole of a place opposite Skinners (the name escapes me at the moment), although that is a "Chelsea" Pub.

Is that still a Chelsea pub after all these years, The Kelsey Arms.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Chez moi!!! Its the Tropicana (now thats really old school) it was called the Trop when I was old enough to start clubbing and it was far better than any of its reincarnations. I should know I was DJ at Chez Moi and Davinchis way back in the day.
I left T Wells over 25 years ago, I go back about twice a year to visit friends, there were very few Brighton fans in T Wells in those days.
The town has changed so much, but I have fantastic memories of teens and early twenties there.
Where the hell is Cassidys, someone enlighten me, or say what it used to be called.
I know the CP of course as that was there when Noah was a boy.
The other pub in Camden Road (at the bottom) was always full of Millwall and Chelsea, bad fights every weekend, full of skinheads and horrible white racist idiots, i forget its name, but its now a Muslim prayer centre, that always makes me laugh when I see it.

The Roebuck :D :D :D :D

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Is that still a Chelsea pub after all these years, The Kelsey Arms.

That would be the one. Full of coked up mongs dragging their knuckles. Mind you, pick any pub in Sunny Tunny and you'll get much of a muchness :D, just a different class of cokehead if you go up onto Mount Ephraim to Sankeys, Tn4 and the Nash :D

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
B*llshit. Outside the Duke was the place to be....

Isn't there one across the way from there called The Ragged Trousers, with tons of braying Ruperts and Camilla's dressed like extra's from a Mumford and Sons video? I went in there once during the day, and it was pretty reasonable, at night though......f**k that!!!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Isn't there one across the way from there called The Ragged Trousers, with tons of braying Ruperts and Camilla's dressed like extra's from a Mumford and Sons video? I went in there once during the day, and it was pretty reasonable, at night though......f**k that!!!

You don't know just how correct you are, mate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here