Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Charlton?

smith's dreads

Dec 17, 2003
:cheers::cheers::cheers::hilton:
If you travel to the east, west or north from North Greenwich tube you'll need some water wings fairly quickly.
No 486 to Bexleyheath from stop B should do you ok; alight (get off) at Charlton station. I'll pre-pay your fare on my Oyster provided you don't stop at the Pilot Inn; if you do stay on until Blackheath most of the pubs there will be closed, as Questions has already posted. However, the Hare and Billet should be open but you might need a 1st class rail ticket to get in.

Cheers

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Or get the train directly to Charlton from Victoria (or Blackfriars) and drink in a pub near the ground and avoid the bleeding bus.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
If you travel to the east, west or north from North Greenwich tube you'll need some water wings fairly quickly.
No 486 to Bexleyheath from stop B should do you ok; alight (get off) at Charlton station. I'll pre-pay your fare on my Oyster provided you don't stop at the Pilot Inn; if you do stay on until Blackheath most of the pubs there will be closed, as Questions has already posted. However, the Hare and Billet should be open but you might need a 1st class rail ticket to get in.

Bulllsh*t. It seems that if "pubs" are closed in Blackheath - they are in a fuc***g minority.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
Well I live in Blackheath and I can assure you the pubs will be open :p

Going to the game on my todd tomorrow so will probably pop in the Hare and Billet on the way to the station

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Latest Reuters :Blackheath blown away in overnight storms. All pubs shut for weekend.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Latest Reuters :Blackheath blown away in overnight storms. All pubs shut for weekend.

Despite Reuters I decided to risk it. Bad move. All pubs do indeed apear to be closed😁 The Railway is in particularly bad shape...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Or get the train directly to Charlton from Victoria (or Blackfriars) and drink in a pub near the ground and avoid the bleeding bus.

Well, for obvious reasons l do like the 'bleeding bus', even if it isn't the number 17. With all this talk about travelling from Blackfriars or Greenwich by bus, what concerns me, is getting a us away from the ground post match.

If the queues are anything like those waiting for a 25 away from the Amex . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here