Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub Lewes-ish

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The mussels there are the best I've ever had.

The first time i went into the Pit i had a suet pudding pie and i got a whole one wow. Couldn't believe how generous it was. The next time wasn't the same i'm afraid. I got a slice instead. Use to pop into there on the way back from that auction place in Lewes. Thought the meals in there are well priced and tasty.

I must try mussels. Love them i do

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
For location, The Golden Galleon at Cuckmere Valley can't be beat.
My favourite for back country lanes, nice bit of grub & great surroundings; the Anchor at Barcome. Go for a punt on the Ouse, lovely day out. Bit hard to find & the one way lane means a bit of backing up on busy days, but well worth the effort.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
No it really is not.

Got food related belly ache from their microwaved shop bought steak pie.
And the atmosphere is non existent

Avoid this place.

My daughter works in the kitchen and as a waitress there and everything is cooked from scratch, that I can guarantee you.

Never had anything but good food from The Chalk Pit.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Yew Tree at Chalvington. Good food and good beers.

This. Or the Cock Inn on the Uckfield road out of Lewes or the Jolly Sportsman at East Chiltington. They all get busy on a nice sunny day but that's because they're all very good pubs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yew Tree at Chalvington. Good food and good beers.

Or the other one at Arlington? owned by Palace the last time i went there,but a tucked away nice little number..

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
We went to the Giants Rest in Wilmington. Some nice Long Blonde form the Long Man brewery and decent food. Most important of all the crumblies liked it. Rather than drive along the A27 to get there we drove up from the A259 through Litlington, which has to be one of the prettiest roads in Sussex and then back via Alfriston which went down well too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rather than drive along the A27 to get there we drove up from the A259 through Litlington, which has to be one of the prettiest roads in Sussex and then back via Alfriston which went down well too.

That has to be, just about, a perfect sentence.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We went to the Giants Rest in Wilmington. Some nice Long Blonde form the Long Man brewery and decent food. Most important of all the crumblies liked it. Rather than drive along the A27 to get there we drove up from the A259 through Litlington, which has to be one of the prettiest roads in Sussex and then back via Alfriston which went down well too.

Call me young or whatever but what is a long blonde,tall and slim i am assuming?

Or do you mean white beer?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Call me young or whatever but what is a long blonde,tall and slim i am assuming?

Or do you mean white beer?

No the name of the beer is Long Blonde. It's a pale coloured ale , quite hoppy, which was served chilled. A nice summer pint.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Long Blonde, is a beer frome "The Long Man Brewery Company", based a Wilmington after the famous Long Man.
I think it is Long Blonde, because, although real ale, it is light in colour .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Long Blonde, is a beer frome "The Long Man Brewery Company", based a lmington after the famous Long Man.
I think it is Long Blonde, because, although real ale, it is light in colour .

Fair comment this is NSC after all,but then i thought of this stuff View attachment 54810,my favourite and edited my post :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Glad you and your folks liked it Scampi.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here