Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub help needed

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Does anyone know if there are any pubs/bars in Brighton, Sussex, or at a push- London, that will be showing the Italy v Ireland game tommorow night?

It's not on Sky or Setanta on UK television, so will need to be a place with foreign satellite or have an Irish Sky card etc

Cheers :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You might have to watch it streamed on the net (Justin.tv) unless you know someone with a motorised satellite set up that will pick up the feeds (Satelliweb will have the feed info)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
John, I think I might know one with an 'illegal' channel. I'll PM you.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Walkabout tends to have all sorts of Sports channels dotted around the place. You might strike lucky there.

That's a good call, I'm pretty sure I heard someone ask them earlier on if they were showing the Ireland game tomorrow night. They were showing some Aussie rules rugby earlier today when I was in there, it's a cool place.
Do they have live entertainment in there does anyone know? The had a curtain up along the main wall, looked like it might be hiding a stage. I'd be interested to know.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
That's a good call, I'm pretty sure I heard someone ask them earlier on if they were showing the Ireland game tomorrow night. They were showing some Aussie rules rugby earlier today when I was in there, it's a cool place.
Do they have live entertainment in there does anyone know? The had a curtain up along the main wall, looked like it might be hiding a stage. I'd be interested to know.

Might be worth a look, but bearing in mind England and other home nations are on at the same time, and it would involve doing something illegal, I'd have thought Walkabout probably won't.

Best bet is probably an Irish-rub pub that put in an Irish card into their sky box to get RTE, but I'm 99% such a place does not exist in Brighton. Anyone know Crawley?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I asked for match of the day in there once and the said 'what's that?'. What a dive of a place too.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I asked for match of the day in there once and the said 'what's that?'. What a dive of a place too.

The one and only time I've been in there was yesterday, very early in the day. So my reccomendation is quite weak, I concur. But I thought it was ok in there, plenty of room and the garden out the back looked quite cool aswell. I don't spend alot of time in pubs though actually, so I'm not the best at suggesting where to go.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Might be worth a look, but bearing in mind England and other home nations are on at the same time, and it would involve doing something illegal, I'd have thought Walkabout probably won't.

Best bet is probably an Irish-rub pub that put in an Irish card into their sky box to get RTE, but I'm 99% such a place does not exist in Brighton. Anyone know Crawley?

An Irish Rub-Pub ?? Don't think I've been in one of those establishments.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Alright JB?! :wave:

Good luck with finding that elusive feed & boozer. Are you heading up to the land of concrete, roundabouts & franchises on Sat? Maybe see you for a small sherry or 3 up there, if you is. :thumbsup:

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Alright JB?! :wave:

Good luck with finding that elusive feed & boozer. Are you heading up to the land of concrete, roundabouts & franchises on Sat? Maybe see you for a small sherry or 3 up there, if you is. :thumbsup:

Yep, we'll be going up on Saturday :drink:

Why are Setanta Ireland showing Bulgaria vs Cyprus but not Italy vs Ireland?

Because RTE have the rights for tonights game in Ireland. Bulgaria v Cyprus is in the same group, and is quite an important game

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Mumm.jpg

:drink:

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I've tried numerous times to find a pub in Brighton showing Ireland matches, or GAA. No chance, basically.

I'd heard that there might be a option in Crawley, but its too far for me so i didn't investigate further. I think tonight will be another session on Justintv.com or another live-internet feed for me.

If you're going for London then there'll definitely be somewhere in the usual haunts like Kilburn, but from experience you'll get one of the Tooting pubs showing it, most probably Jack Beard's, The Mayfair, or The Ramble Inn. (i moved away over a year ago, but i assume there'll all still open).

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Regarding the GAA, The Black Horse shows it, as we watched the Kerry v Tyrone final there in September. Fiddlers Elbow does show the Ireland football matches, but only if they are on Sky or Setanta

I've phoned the Pond on Gloucester Road this morning, and was asked to phone back at 3.30, to speak to the manager, as the bar girl wasn't 100% sure if its on tonight. Will post on here if I hear anything

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Regarding the GAA, The Black Horse shows it, as we watched the Kerry v Tyrone final there in September. Fiddlers Elbow does show the Ireland football matches, but only if they are on Sky or Setanta

I've phoned the Pond on Gloucester Road this morning, and was asked to phone back at 3.30, to speak to the manager, as the bar girl wasn't 100% sure if its on tonight. Will post on here if I hear anything

Seriously?! Interesting. Which Black Horse?

Does the Fiddlers show Ireland matches that clash with english matches?

Yeah keep me posted if you find somewhere :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here