Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pub beer prices, what are you paying ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We are not short some a few decent pubs in Leek and even have a Spoons but its not for us. So The Hollybush at Denford by the canal. Standard bitter/IPA £4 Guinness £4.50 and 1664 at £5.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Bottle of Newky Brown for a quid, drink it cold straight from the bottle.
or a bottle of Hooch - £1 but they are too lemony........

hang on - no sorry that was 32 years.

i used to go into town (walk to save money) buy a round for less than a fiver, go to a discotheque and still have money when I got home.

prices are mental these days

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The Market Inn just off of East Street in Brighton, £ 5.40 for a pint of Harveys. Mind you, that was two days ago, so probably gone up since then!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
fiver is new norm, bit less for local ales. even 'spoons dont give change from a tenner for 2 pints now (non-central London).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We are not short some a few decent pubs in Leek and even have a Spoons but its not for us. So The Hollybush at Denford by the canal. Standard bitter/IPA £4 Guinness £4.50 and 1664 at £5.
Sounds very cheap compared to prices in Sussex, but not being a drinker these days what do l know? lol

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
All my pints are under a fiver bar two products. Best value in Fulham!

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Local award-winning micropub has prices at £4 for bitters, session pales etc, and £5 for the more hoppy beers and generally anything above 5%. Did once see a cask Cloudwater on for £6, which caused ripples among the locals. Gets a cracking selection in.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Popped into the Railway in Portslade last week, £ 6.10 for a Morretti. It's a bit cheaper in The Victoria.

Went to Spoons in North Street Saturday night, bottle of Morretti (660ml), pint of Doombar, pint of San Miguel all for £ 11.72. Yeah, they may not be the best of places but money talks these days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here