Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PSG vs Marseille brawl

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A sport full of the most pathetic, cringe worthy, soft athletes on the planet.

They would get wrecked in real physical sports.

What an embarrassment.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Almost as important is what you do about players not leaving the pitch once red carded and arguing with or sarcastically applauding the ref. No wonder football refs get abused and assaulted all the time and kids/parents think it is OK to dispute any refereeing decision. Football needs to sort out these snides. I thought the ref did really well to stay calm during all that.

Red card. Stand and argue? one extra game banned. Sarcasticargue with the ref? One extra game on the ban. Still don't leave the pitch? one extra on the ban. Engage in an argument with another player etc etc. Rack them up untill the refs get some respect and control.

Absolutely. They may be world-class players (from a transfer fee / wages perspective), but that does not give them the right to assume they are more important than another human. In a football match, the referee's word is the law - but they are not afforded the respect that they aught to be. The leagues could do a lot in ensuring this respect is given, until the point it is the default. For their own part, when a ref makes a mistake, they and the association should own up to it and accept it. That way the mutual respect can be bred.

I think a much harsher penalty should be applied to players disrespecting the ref like this. Clap at my face when you've been sent off for something you know you did wrong - that should be a minimum 3-game ban on top of the penalty already imposed. Clubs would whip their players into shape pretty damn quickly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Grown men pretending to be injured is far more pathetic. Not even a discussion.

Well actually it is a discussion. The idea that grown intelligent ( and I use intelligent in loosest sense ) men want to beat the crap out of each other for money is very pathetic.

That said, given your support of gun culture, it's hardly surprising your support for "me man, you woman, grunt" type culture.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well actually it is a discussion. The idea that grown intelligent ( and I use intelligent in loosest sense ) men want to beat the crap out of each other for money is very pathetic.

That said, given your support of gun culture, it's hardly surprising your support for "me man, you woman, grunt" type culture.

I was taking about sports like Rugby, AFL, NFL, Cricket, Cycling, sports where vehicles travel at insane speeds.

Combat sports are on a different level to those sports again.

So it's not a discussion when these pathetic soft ***** flail around from nothing taps and touches. More akin to WWE wrestlers than world class sports people.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And yet here you are posting regularly on a forum dedicated to it.

Do we have players in our side that do it regularly?

I'd say we're 99% a no-nonsense kind of side thankfully. Don't even think we have a fan base that is fine with our players doing it.

Orlandi did it blatantly one game and people weren't happy with it at all.

Lamptey has done it a few times and it's something I hope he loses from his game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
boxing , ufc , wrestling , rugby union , rugby league , tae kwon do, judo, karate...??

basket weaving , tidily winks , sock*******...??

Basket weaving is obviously ten times more cool, manly and useful than punching someone. You show craftsmanship, knowledge and create something actually useful.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Basket weaving is obviously ten times more cool, manly and useful than punching someone. You show craftsmanship, knowledge and create something actually useful.

Basket Weaving isn't much use in self defence.

Martial arts is taught and used by plenty of girls and women too. Something a hell of a lot more useful than basket weaving.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Basket Weaving isn't much use in self defence.

Martial arts is taught and used by plenty of girls and women too. Something a hell of a lot more useful than basket weaving.

Self defence isnt much use if you need to carry stuff around.

And how often do you need self defence compared to how often you need to carry something?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Almost as important is what you do about players not leaving the pitch once red carded and arguing with or sarcastically applauding the ref. No wonder football refs get abused and assaulted all the time and kids/parents think it is OK to dispute any refereeing decision. Football needs to sort out these snides. I thought the ref did really well to stay calm during all that.

Red card. Stand and argue? one extra game banned. Sarcasticargue with the ref? One extra game on the ban. Still don't leave the pitch? one extra on the ban. Engage in an argument with another player etc etc. Rack them up untill the refs get some respect and control.

we had a teacher who gave a kid a punishment - a thousand lines on the inside of a ping pong ball, the pupil said what am i supposed to write about - response 2000 lines . i just asked a question ? 3000... it got to 7000 before the boy decided he was not going to win...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Allow the ref to chin anyone sent off if they don't go immediately.

Better than that, have an MMA fighter as assistant to the 4th official, if the **** won't leave the field he can try his luck [or be chased off] by a MMA fighter - even Holly Holm could do a job on these lightweights [footballers]
Excellent entertainment for the viewers too ....

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
we had a teacher who gave a kid a punishment - a thousand lines on the inside of a ping pong ball, the pupil said what am i supposed to write about - response 2000 lines . i just asked a question ? 3000... it got to 7000 before the boy decided he was not going to win...

That teacher was a knobhead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here