Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pseudo Albion fans

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know I shouldn’t bite but I’m struggling. I’m seeing FB friends who have been “lifelong” Chelsea and Liverpool fans posting about how brilliant WE are, how it’s the best we’ve played for years and taking the p*** out of Spurs, etc.
I know I should “out” them but I don’t want to appear vindictive or nasty.
I know the truth. They know the truth. So why can’t I move on?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I know I shouldn’t bite but I’m struggling. I’m seeing FB friends who have been “lifelong” Chelsea and Liverpool fans posting about how brilliant WE are, how it’s the best we’ve played for years and taking the p*** out of Spurs, etc.
Get used to it - hopefully.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If you think you've got it bad, listen to this Scouse clown.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I know what you mean but I started supporting the recently-promoted Albion in 1979, aged 12. So arguably I was a JCL following success . Obviously I‘ve stuck with it for 43 and a bit years - thick and (quite a lot of) thin - so maybe these converts will too. We are a broad church and that’s one of the great things about our club. More the merrier (apart from rabid Percy Tau fans, they can f*** off).

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
I know the truth. They know the truth. So why can’t I move
If they have grown up in Brighton, I assume Brighton will likely have been their second team in any event. Success breeds plastics but I think an exception for those who are actually from the area can be made. If they follow us now (as their main team) and attend even better imo.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I work with 3 Liverpool fans, and I doubt they have more than 5 Anfield visits between them. If when I hunt them down on Monday they turn around and profess they were Albion fans all along I will see that as a victory.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't worry about it. There's some freak sat in a basement in rural Sweden surrounded by pizza boxes just gagging to lecture us at great length on how we're ALL bad fans, hate the club etc etc. That'll put us right :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Out the frauds , why do they deserve to steal the pleasure and plaudits you have have put the time in for , while they were following someone else ? .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is a bloke on my road I know sits in the North Stand and has a big Chelsea flag in the back of his work van 😵‍💫

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
All welcome, imo.

The longer you've supported the Albion, the more it will mean TO YOU. And that's all that really matters.
One of my first games was vs Chelsea, in the FA Cup February 1967. We were a third division team but mustered an attendance of 35,000. Fifty six years later the joy is still the same.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Out the frauds , why do they deserve to steal the pleasure and plaudits you have have put the time in for , while they were following someone else ? .

Steal, as in taking away your pleasure?

You probably need a rethink, if that's what is happening to you.

I'm a lifelong Albion fan, been here since we were at the very bottom. Couldn't give a monkeys if people are jumping the bandwagon... it's part of being a big club, which, unbelievably, we now are.

Just enjoy the moment. Cherish the fact that you've experienced the most very bitter, which makes the sweet all so much sweeter.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Steal, as in taking away your pleasure?

You probably need a rethink, if that's what is happening to you.

I'm a lifelong Albion fan, been here since we were at the very bottom. Couldn't give a monkeys if people are jumping the bandwagon... it's part of being a big club, which, unbelievably, we now are.

Just enjoy the moment. Cherish the fact that you've experienced the most very bitter, which makes the sweet all so much sweeter.
Seriously ? , are you really going to make me turn what is left of my brain on to explain my throwaway comment ? . OK , i live in what i used to think was the arse of the arse of the world , surrounded by twats who daily took the rise at me wearing a Brighton shirt from the 4th tier . They of course all supported the top6 clubs , i say supported loosely - very f------ loosely , i doubt any had ever seen the team they claimed to support .

I had the privilege of growing up in both Brighton and Hove and hardly missed a home game and went to a handful of aways , watching the Albion was hard after i moved for a variety of reasons , but i made the effort . The game Danny Cullip scored the late winner against Cheaterfield i couldn`t get a ticket , but i still travelled to the game , fell out a tree , tried to climb the Sportsman , but just ended up listening to the crowd and the roar outside when we took the title .

This is my 50th year since my first Brighton & Hove Albion game , and yes people who claim something they havn`t put the time in for IS stealing something from those who have i think .

If you disagree then fine , but i am currently trying to enjoy a beer or ten after a great win , i will lift one to you as a lifelong Albion fan , as i will to ALL Albion fans :drink:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Seriously ? , are you really going to make me turn what is left of my brain on to explain my throwaway comment ? . OK , i live in what i used to think was the arse of the arse of the world , surrounded by twats who daily took the rise at me wearing a Brighton shirt from the 4th tier . They of course all supported the top6 clubs , i say supported loosely - very f------ loosely , i doubt any had ever seen the team they claimed to support .

I had the privilege of growing up in both Brighton and Hove and hardly missed a home game and went to a handful of aways , watching the Albion was hard after i moved for a variety of reasons , but i made the effort . The game Danny Cullip scored the late winner against Cheaterfield i couldn`t get a ticket , but i still travelled to the game , fell out a tree , tried to climb the Sportsman , but just ended up listening to the crowd and the roar outside when we took the title .

This is my 50th year since my first Brighton & Hove Albion game , and yes people who claim something they havn`t put the time in for IS stealing something from those who have i think .

If you disagree then fine , but i am currently trying to enjoy a beer or ten after a great win , i will lift one to you as a lifelong Albion fan , as i will to ALL Albion fans :drink:

Good heartfelt post, not going to argue with any of that.

Cheers 🍻

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There is a bloke on my road I know sits in the North Stand and has a big Chelsea flag in the back of his work van 😵‍💫
Is it Graham Potter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here