Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PS3 Slim

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I had the X-Box 360 and gave it away and got a PS3.

PS3 gaming online is free, unlike Xbox
PS3 plays blu ray - good for movie and games alike
And the clincher, the 360 is sooo f***ing noisy. The fan is on all the time, and it can sounds like having the hoover on in the background, whereas PS3 is whisper quiet.

PS3 all day for me.

Also you have to keep the xbox power supply (which kicks out loads of heat) plugged in even when it's switched off otherwise it forgets the date and time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As we're on a computer-gamey thread, whats peoples take on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ? (PS3). I got stuck into this the other night, and whilst its clearly a brilliantly put together game, I didn't like the fact that I was running around with a whole PLATOON of soldiers who were pretty much doing all the shooting for me. It seems like I could quite easily have gone into "coward" mode, hung back and let them get on with it.

Prefer the Medal of Honour type thing where I'm on my own really.

Stick it on a harder difficulty setting? Generally you need to be involved to make the breakthrough to the next bit, especially on harder settings.

So I suppose that would be your attitude in a REAL WAR SITUATION. You COWARD.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stick it on a harder difficulty setting? Generally you need to be involved to make the breakthrough to the next bit, especially on harder settings.

So I suppose that would be your attitude in a REAL WAR SITUATION. You COWARD.

Damn STRAIGHT

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just to balance the above out (NOT looking for a binfest), genuine information for anyone looking to choose one or t'other:

Xbox 360s are comfortably outselling PS3s in hardware and software currently, and PS3 have lost a vast amount of their exclusive content over to Xbox360, so the suggestion that there will be more software for the PS3 seems unfounded to me.

YES, you do pay a yearly fee of around £30 for XboxLIVE. There is a reason for this fee though, and it is well worth paying. Free gaming updates and add ons, an EXCELLENT industry-leading competitive online service, Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm, NetFlix and loads more.

Xbox360 can BREAK. So can PS3s. Microsoft's service if or when a breakage occurs is fantastic, a new model received within a week plus 3 months of free Xbox Live.

You say you arnt looking for a binfest then list of a load of services and features that are available on the xbox but neglect to mention they are also on PS3, then of course there is this gem " PS3 have lost a vast amount of their exclusive content" what games (if any?) have defected entirely to xbox so that you can buy them on PS3 at all, and heck even those that can are better on a PS3, e.g. not spread across 3-4 discs, just the one

BHAFC4EVER

BOO!
Jan 20, 2009
RH20
MAG
Uncharted 2
God of War III
Rain
The Agency
Gran Turismo 5 (1000 cars btw)

what has the xbox got exclusive coming out in the next 6 months, another halo or maybe another Gears of War. The 360 has had it's day in the sunshine as top dog this generation (wii is not this generation it's not even HD).

Also you talk about price, the 360 "elite" which is the only one that can match the PS3 is £220 (on play) and still has no Blu Ray player.

Umm lets see

Halo ODST
Forza 3
Left for Dead 2
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell Conviction
Exclusive down loadable content for GTA iv
Mass Effect 2

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I was going to respond until I got to that bit. No point.

Destructoid - Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 could ship on three discs ???

Does that or does that not show that Final Fantasy 13 (one of the exclusives your suggesting has been 'lost') will ship on 3 discs, and was made entirely on the PS3 before being ported over, but you think im lying? Thats not even the most discs of any xbox game though is it? Theres one with 4 and most developers are realisticaly looking at having 2 discs going forward

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
Umm lets see

Halo ODST
Forza 3
Left for Dead 2
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell Conviction
Exclusive down loadable content for GTA iv
Mass Effect 2

Another Halo game, i rest my case... forza...on two discs..GT5 wipes the floor with that.

As for the 50 million paid for DLC for GTA IV - it's coming to the pS3 as well...and it's an old game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Also you have to keep the xbox power supply (which kicks out loads of heat) plugged in even when it's switched off otherwise it forgets the date and time.
What a disaster! :lol:
The noise of the 360 is admittedly annoying, you have to pay for live, but not much and it's better than PSN. I don't care about bluray.
The price drop makes the PS3 slightly more attractive but really there are only about 3 exclusives that I want to play so probably not worth it still.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What a disaster! :lol:
The noise of the 360 is admittedly annoying, you have to pay for live, but not much and it's better than PSN. I don't care about bluray.
The price drop makes the PS3 slightly more attractive but really there are only about 3 exclusives that I want to play so probably not worth it still.

It's annoying for games like GTA IV which decide which save game to load automatically based on timestamp.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have never ever noticed the Xbox360's noise. But then I've never had my TV on MUTE while playing it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Destructoid - Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 could ship on three discs ???

Does that or does that not show that Final Fantasy 13 (one of the exclusives your suggesting has been 'lost') will ship on 3 discs, and was made entirely on the PS3 before being ported over, but you think im lying? Thats not even the most discs of any xbox game though is it? Theres one with 4 and most developers are realisticaly looking at having 2 discs going forward

The title says ONE game COULD. Oh no! I'm not suggesting it has been lost. It HAS been lost. Another jewel in Sony's crown gone, along with Tekken and Metal Gear Solid.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The title says ONE game COULD. Oh no! I'm not suggesting it has been lost. It HAS been lost. Another jewel in Sony's crown gone, along with Tekken and Metal Gear Solid.

Tekken which has now turned into an aweful franchise no one would want as an exclusive and an action spin off of MGS not involving Hidei Kojima himself? And of course theres all the new IPs springing up such as Uncharted, Heavy Rain, MAG, which more than fill the gap left, and one game that *will* take up multiple discs that used to be a ps3 exclusive, as i said

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
PS3 v XBOX
WHO CARES ?

As mentioned, they're both excellent games machines. Some people naturally have a preferance of one over the other, but it doesn't necessarily make one machine inferior to the other, they just bring different things to the table and it boils down to personal preference. Exclusives shmoosives, who gives a toss.

Anyway, the PS3 is clearly the bestest because I've got one.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Then of course there is that new rage game, doesn't halo odst actually split the single and multiplayer aswell? Then there is lost odyssey with an impressive 4 discs

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Another Halo game, i rest my case... forza...on two discs..GT5 wipes the floor with that.

As for the 50 million paid for DLC for GTA IV - it's coming to the pS3 as well...and it's an old game.

You rest your case because there is another Halo game? :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here