Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PS3 or XBOX? FIFA13 or PES13?

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
My Ps3 is broke :down:

Was gonna buy ps3 bundle with fifa13 or opt for a complete change and buy an Xbox with pes13 what do u prefer?

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
Fifa will be a much better game than pes if last year is anything to go by, it has been streaks ahead on most fronts for years now, i personally like ps3 more than xbox but both consoles are very even, so for me its the ps3 with fifa13 (mainly because of the Fifa13)

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Looking like Ps3 & FIFA are top choice so far.

D

Deleted member 18477

PS3 and Fifa.

I personally play no other games except Fifa and use my console as a bluray player so PS3 was an easy choice for me.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Xbox and Fifa.... The only real difference in gaming between ps3 and xbox imo is the controller and imo the controller on the xbox is much better to hold.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm not sure all the people saying "PES is awful" have seen much of the 2013 version: it's shaping up really nicely. If you've never been a fan of PES it's probably still not for you, but if like me you used to prefer it in the PS2 days, it's worth at least keeping an eye on. Edit: here's a second opinion if you want one!

As for the consoles, they're much of a muchness. The 360 generally has the better version of multi-format games, the PS3 has some nice exclusives you can't get on the 360 (the reverse is also true, but not to the same degree), and has better media features. To be honest the only area I see any big differences are the controllers (I prefer the 360's) and the quality of the games available on the online services: PSN's got a handful of gems, but XBLA is packed full of great games at reasonable prices. If you don't play downloadable games though, you may as well get whichever most of your friends have got.

Aug 21, 2011
I have both Xbox 360 & PS3. I used to buy all my games on Xbox as I prefered the larger controller. However I now use my PS3 for all games as it used to piss me off having to pay £40 to play Xbox on line when PS3 is free. Also my xbox sounds like a harrier jump jet whereas PS3 is almost silent. Also FIFA for me as well.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
It depends whether you want proper HD picture (PS3) or an up-scaled DVD picture(360).
PS3 & Fifa is what I'm on.
That's utterly untrue, if I'm understanding you correctly. Both the 360 and the PS3 output in 1080p. In many multiformat games, the 360 actually benefits from a higher resolution because the way the memory is set up: whilst both have 512mb of RAM, the PS3's is set up with only 256mb available for graphics, whereas on the 360 developers can divide it how they want.

Edit: Just realised, perhaps you meant for watching films? In which case you're almost right, the 360 can't play films on Blu-Ray. You can, however, play 1080p films downloaded from XBL, or ones you've "acquired" from the internet (although the PS3 seems to be able to handle more formats, in my experience of using both far more than I probably should).

All of which has just reminded me (and this is [MENTION=25385]Ur_havin_a_Laugh[/MENTION]), whichever you get, make sure you get an HDMI cable to connect it to your telly: the composite leads you get with the console give a shit picture quality. Don't get suckered into paying more than a tenner for it though. Shops will try and sell you ridiculously expensive ones which are completely pointless as, unlike with older equipment, the lead is carrying a digital signal. You don't get degradation with a series of 1s and 0s, whereas with old analogue leads you would, and shops use this to rip people off.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here