Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prutton's predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
skysports-brighton-amex-amex-stadium-brighton_3826939.jpg
skysports-brighton-amex-amex-stadium-brighton_3826939.jpg

David Prutton predicts 10 of the weekend's Sky Bet EFL results, including Brighton v Aston Villa

David Prutton takes the reins for this weekend's Sky Bet EFL predictions, giving his thoughts on the biggest games across the three divisions.
With Ian Holloway heading back to QPR, former midfielder Prutton takes his turn with 10*games from the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two.
Speaking about his former fellow*Sky Sports pundit, Prutton said:*"I am deeply honoured to step into the shoes of Ian Holloway after he left us behind to get back into the crazy world of football management."
Here's how he sees ten of the weekend's games going...*
212.png
238.png

[h=3]Brighton vs A Villa[/h]
November 18, 2016, 7:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

[h=3]Ipswich v Nottingham Forest (Saturday, Sky Sports 1 HD from 5.15pm)[/h]Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Ipswich

As much as it hurts to say, Nottingham Forest are on a dismal run of form at the moment with one win in 12 games.
They are coming up against a team who have been middling, shall we say, but they had a good result against Sheffield Wednesday before the international break, which would put them ahead in my book.*
As much as my heart wants to say Forest, I can't see anything but an Ipswich win.
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 8/1)
157.png
522.png

[h=3]Ipswich vs N Forest[/h]
November 19, 2016, 5:15pm
Live on
ss1.gif

[h=3]Leeds v Newcastle (Sunday, Sky Sports 1 HD from*1pm)[/h]Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Norwich and Leeds

This is a score draw for me. If Newcastle had played this fixture six or seven weeks ago, it would have been a straight forward win, but there's a real doggedness and determination about Leeds at the moment and they have a nice bit of quality.*
If they play, I think both Chris Wood and Dwight Gayle can see it as a great opportunity to get on the scoresheet.*
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-2 (Sky Bet odds 14/1)
183.png
409.png

[h=3]Leeds vs Newcastle[/h]
November 20, 2016, 1:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

[h=3]Derby v Rotherham (Saturday, 3pm)[/h]It's looking pretty ominous for Rotherham. Hopefully that new manager bounce will come into effect sometime soon, but I can't see it happening at Derby.
Highlights of Derby's 3-2 win over Wolves in the Sky Bet Championship

They have been pretty solid since Steve McClaren came in - solid but spectacular -*and for me, against a team that hasn't won any games in 12, it's a home win.
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 11/2)
[h=3]QPR v Norwich (Satuday, 3pm)[/h]Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Nottingham Forest and QPR

Well, I have to lean towards our ex-colleague here! He's already been at his most fully turned-up-to-11 Ian Holloway this week, he's been having a great time.*
Norwich haven't been how we expected them to be this season and Alex Neil got plenty of*defensive issues he needs to address.
Ian Holloway says he wants to work with people who care about Queens Park Rangers after returning to the club as manager

With Ollie being there and we know what he can do, he's very enthusiastic and I'm sure he's going to get QPR pushing in the right direction, but I can see it being close.*
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)
[h=3]Birmingham v Bristol City (Saturday, 3pm)[/h]Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Huddersfield and Birmingham

I saw Bristol City play just before the break, and I thought they showed a lot of effort and endeavour, and they don't lack in quality but they just have a little bit of naivety*up against a solid Brighton team.
Birmingham*are unbeaten in six games at St Andrew's.*I think it is a challenging statistic*against a very good team so I think it will be hard for Bristol City to get something.*
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 10/1)
efl-weekly-promo_3756596.jpg

[h=3]LISTEN: EFL Weekly podcast[/h]Ian Holloway, Karl Darlow and Danny Higginbotham feature on this week's EFL Weekly podcast.

[h=3]Fulham v Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 3pm)[/h]Fulham were so clinical against Huddersfield and they were very impressive across the board against Brentford. When you have been at certain clubs, you do vouch for them, but casting a critical*eye over the fixtures, I'm looking at*a Fulham win.*
Highlights of Fulham’s 2-0 win away to rivals Brentford in the Sky Bet Championship

They have been so impressive, not just on the pitch, but also with getting people back to Craven Cottage. It's a tough place to go and if they took their away form*to the Cottage, then it is a Fulham team that should at least be in the top half, if not the top eight for me.
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-1 (Sky Bet odds 8/1)
[h=3]Cardiff v Huddersfield (Saturday, 3pm)[/h]Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Newcastle and Cardiff

I think this is going to be a draw. After a great initial start by Neil Warnock, he has lost the last two and Huddersfield are in that little pocket where they can be consistent with performances but inconsistent with results. This is them trying to balance things out a bit .
I can see it being a solid enough away performance from Huddersfield and a solid point at home for Cardiff.
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet odds 9/2)
skysports-reunited-manchester-united-arsenal-jose-mourinho-arsene-wenger_3831711.jpg

[h=3]Six months half price[/h]Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price

[h=3]Southend v Bradford (Saturday, 3pm)[/h]Highlights of the Sky Bet League One match between Bury and Southend.

Again, this screams of a draw to me because they played each other not too long ago and that was a 1-1 draw.
You look at recent league results and they both put four past Bury and Rochdale respectively.
Highlights of the Sky Bet League One match between Bradford and Rochdale.

It's two teams who are playing each other at the perfect time but I just can't see it being anything other than a draw with their previous game in their mind and both scoring four last time out. They'll be confident going into it.*
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-2 (Sky Bet odds 14/1)
[h=3]Plymouth v Grimsby (Saturday, 3pm)[/h]Highlights of the Sky Bet League Two match between Crewe and Plymouth.

I have to start by saying Grimsby have done wonders with how well they have adapted to being back in the English Football League, epitomised no better than by Omar Bogle who will get on the scoresheet in this game. But I'm leaning towards a Plymouth team who look both rampant as well*also consistent.*
PRUTTON PREDICTS: 3-1 (Sky Bet odds 14/1)
Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here