Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Prostate Cancer

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Hi Steve, sorry to hear yr results.
But at least you have a plan going forward which you can focus on.
Chat anytime 👍
Thanks Phil.
I am feeling very positive about the situation.
I was lucky that the high PSA count was detected from a blood test that was taken for a different ailment, and I have had a quick response from the NHS.
Once again, a big hand for the staff at Eastbourne DGH who explained everything in great detail today.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks Phil.
I am feeling very positive about the situation.
I was lucky that the high PSA count was detected from a blood test that was taken for a different ailment, and I have had a quick response from the NHS.
Once again, a big hand for the staff at Eastbourne DGH who explained everything in great detail today.
That is very lucky, and I'm glad all has been explained to you.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Confirmed moderately aggressive cancer.
I am having hormone injections followed by radiotherapy too.
Hope all goes well,I've got a ct scan next week then start injections on Tuesday once every 3 months, they're hoping by then my PSA levels have come down to under 10 . If they have it'll be radiotherapy, if not another injection and another 3 month wait .

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
On a positive note, I'm just back from finding out that the 5cm tumour on my kidney is NOT cancer. At least, not yet. Got to keep an eye on it, they can be sneaky beggars. Way too much cancer around these days but it seems I've beaten the odds as I was told it was 90% certain to be malignant.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
My worst fear is Cancer as everyone in my family has been affected. I have serious anxiety about it even reading this thread upsets me.

I just wanted to recommend a book that really helped me (not from having cancer, but my fear of it and knowing that we can have the power to tackle it). It may or may not help but if it helps one person, then i will take that as a win.

Good luck with the treatment @Seagull on the Hill prostate cancer is very very treatable... i know as unfortunately my dad had it and my mums dad.

Much love to everyone going through this horrible shit.

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/dav...VVJFQBh2GqA46EAQYASABEgJZFPD_BwE#GOR003738731

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
My worst fear is Cancer as everyone in my family has been affected. I have serious anxiety about it even reading this thread upsets me.

I just wanted to recommend a book that really helped me (not from having cancer, but my fear of it and knowing that we can have the power to tackle it). It may or may not help but if it helps one person, then i will take that as a win.

Good luck with the treatment @Seagull on the Hill prostate cancer is very very treatable... i know as unfortunately my dad had it and my mums dad.

Much love to everyone going through this horrible shit.

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/dav...VVJFQBh2GqA46EAQYASABEgJZFPD_BwE#GOR003738731
Thanks mate.
I will get that book ordered.

Lord Charles

Oct 16, 2010
Bedford
Had my first quarterly review today under active surveillance .... Very positive, PSA score still the same (7) and they re-confirmed the cancer is very localised within the prostate and of the very slow growing variety, so as good as could be expected really.

I want to re-iterate what @SK1NT said earlier. A healthy lifestyle, especially diet, won't clear the cancer, but may help with how quickly it grows and also help with general prostate health in the first place. I for one will be buying the book he recommends but anyone can google which foods are beneficial for prostate health.

I've also offered to join an NHS clinical trial to see how certain supplements affect the condition, will see what's involved and will report back (y)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had my first quarterly review today under active surveillance .... Very positive, PSA score still the same (7) and they re-confirmed the cancer is very localised within the prostate and of the very slow growing variety, so as good as could be expected really.

I want to re-iterate what @SK1NT said earlier. A healthy lifestyle, especially diet, won't clear the cancer, but may help with how quickly it grows and also help with general prostate health in the first place. I for one will be buying the book he recommends but anyone can google which foods are beneficial for prostate health.

I've also offered to join an NHS clinical trial to see how certain supplements affect the condition, will see what's involved and will report back (y)
Pleased to hear your news regarding PSA tests.
Re the health eating aspect, I have predominantly been a healthy eater most of my life, weight staying the same and generally looked after myself.
I still got the pesky cancer and to boot it was an aggressive fast growing type!
I do hope something positive comes from yr clinical trials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here