Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, clearly you are being very selective on which posts you choose to read, just picking out the negative ones. :shrug:

Lamptey excellent, could turn out to be world class, a bargain, been saying this since his debut :thumbsup:

In my opinion Pröpper is overrated.

Fair enough. I must have missed the positive posts. All I have seen is you moaning about the manager, players etc

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Had a bad game tonight against some of the best midfielders in the world but still a quality player and overall throughout the season contributes a lot to our team.

After his mistake against Liverpool he was excellent too.

There was also a huge error by him at the Amex earlier in the season. Can't think against who.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think we’ve had enough time and discussion
to get to where Propper lies. He’s been bloody good value for the 10/12 mill we paid£ for him. Is h3 going anywhere ? I’d be most surprised. There needs someone coming along and either kicking his arse or maybe overtaking him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree with him, and any criticism of Propper is slammed down on NSC, and with regards to Ryan, a good goalkeeper, but who will also kick the ball out for a throw in once or twice a game and is not good with his feet. This is Championship quality.

Burnley got a worthy draw with Liverpool today and Southampton beat Man City so they are not as untouchable as we have made them look. The least I expect is for us to be competitive even if we lose.

I'm not even confident that we will get any points from the Southampton and Burnley games based on recent performances against the same sides.

I read a stat last week that Ryan is the most accurate in terms of goalkeeper passing to a teammate. But I am sure you know more than them.

Based on 80 minutes against Liverpool, I think we will do okay in our last three games. But I doubt you saw that. Only focused on the final score

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There was also a huge error by him at the Amex earlier in the season. Can't think against who.

Shocking. A Brighton player made an error. Who would have thought that would happen.

You are probably thinking of Wolves home when he scored and then gave the ball away for their goal soon after. But you wouldn't remember as you only care about attacking the team

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
For the last games, let’s go back to basics and play Stephens and/or Bissouma as DM’s or fulfilling that role amongst other things.

There’s no need for Propper to be 20 yards out in vulnerable to us open play, making hazardous passes.

Play him advanced of the others.

For goodness sake.

I have been saying for a while that the guy is good in the middle third but poor in the others.

People are now starting to realise his limitations in the defensive third.

He is just as bad in the attacking third.

How this has gone unnoticed beggars belief.

However he plays in a position where we are severely lacking in options.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Seen enough of him to make my mind up by Christmas 2017. Been saying ever since, seems penny has dropped for a lot of the rose tinted brigade tonight. Being nice, and ‘positive thinking’ in the PL gets you feck all compared to a decent attacking midfielder who can score a goal and first instinct isn’t to see where the keeper is...his keeper...

You are a great fan. Well done. You criticise players before anyone else. You should be so proud. Maybe go and support a top six team where your standards are met

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes, against Wolves. And Ryan, Montoya, Webster, Dunk, Burn, Stephens, Bissouma, Lamptey, Bernardo, Mooy, Trossard, Gross, Mac Allister, Maupay, Connolly, Ali J, Alzate, Duffy, March, Murray, Andone and Schelotto have all made mistakes at some stage this season too. Flog them all.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Stephens & Propper play in the most important area of the Team ( centre midfield )
It is this area that dictates how the team play by driving the team on when we have the ball or breaking play up when we lose it.
Neither of them have shown the ability to do either as their stats show.
Both a so passive and teams just play around them.
Next season I would play Ben White as a CDM alongside Bissouma.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stephens & Propper play in the most important area of the Team ( centre midfield )
It is this area that dictates how the team play by driving the team on when we have the ball or breaking play up when we lose it.

Stephens as a ‘sitter’ is effective in shielding the CB’s, sniffing out danger and passing it to those who create.

Does he really have awful stats in those aspects?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

That is a great idea. We should play a player who has no Premier League experience out of position. You should be a manager

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He doesn’t assist or score. Like any of our midfielders.

We need a MASSIVE upgrade in this area. 3 new centre midfielders, plus bissouma, alzate and max Allister.

3 of gross/mooy/propper/Stephens need to go. Not really sure which 3 as are all bang average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really poor last night, no question.
But this thread is just for the usual posters who have been wrong about him for 3 seasons to justify their position.

Knock yourself out and enjoy your moment.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He played two of his 17 international appearances in the AMC role.

In the other games as well as in the majority of his Eredivisie games he played in the "Xavi" role - a slightly defensive minded two-way midfielder playing next to a pure DMC (Busquets, to continue the analogy) and a pure or purish AMC (Iniesta).

His main issue is not his position, but that he is not shaped to play in a high tempo league like the PL. He would be just fine in i.e. the Serie A.

This. I don't know why people think he is some ACM extraordinaire and we are playing him out of position...he isn't.

He's a good midfielder. We know this, we've all seen it before - the frustrating thing is that we don't see it often enough. Though admittedly if we saw it all the time he wouldn't be playing for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens as a ‘sitter’ is effective in shielding the CB’s, sniffing out danger and passing it to those who create.

Does he really have awful stats in those aspects?

Agree.

The trouble is apparently if Propper has a poor game, Stephens seems to warrant as many mentions even when he doesn’t start.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You are a great fan. Well done. You criticise players before anyone else. You should be so proud. Maybe go and support a top six team where your standards are met

Maybe you should follow non league where yours are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here