Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proof that the UK is SICK of the Tories

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I really don't know how anything Andy Burnham says about the NHS can be taken seriously.
He is in complete denial about the total f--k up his party made with the G.P.'s contract negotiations.Seems to ignore the fact that this has had a very significant effect on the numbers of people visiting A&E.
A complete dickhead for whom I have no respect at all.:tosser:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've been waiting 7 months to see a consultant for treatment or surgery of one ailment. That would not have been the case under Labour. Also, under the coalition, i went for a brain scan in the back end of a lorry in a construction site last freezing winter. We're in a privatised society led by those who teach us not to share or care in the slightest for those who've fallen, to think only of the cost of those in need and to curse them for it, and the LibDems ought to be completely ashamed of their entire time as the tickly boil in the undercrack of this cancerous misgrowth of an authority.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
When under a Labour government I unfortunately has to visit hospital a number of times. Each time, almost as soon as I arrived, I was put on some scales and weighed. Result being I'd been seen - easy manipulation of the figures !

Similarly, if you go to A&E, it's funny how when you've been there for 5 minutes under the stipulated 4 hours, that someone comes to see you. Box ticked, numbers massaged.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've been waiting 7 months to see a consultant for treatment or surgery of one ailment.

It's been 11 months for me but I have an appointment just before x'mas. I hope they don't postpone it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's been 11 months for me but I have an appointment just before x'mas. I hope they don't postpone it.

You unwin this round, i'm sorry to say. Hope yours comes through. I'll be phoning the GP tomorrow as for the 4th time i've been told to ring them after 28 days if i've heard nothing, and them days are up.
I was waiting for some treatment from an ear infection that affected my balance for months. That was set in January, but luckily by about August, it had cleared itself up without any assistance. My bank gave me back £20 that i hadn't collected from a cashpoint in 2008 this year. I wonder if the NHS will dig through its records in a decade or so and i'll get a whole heap of untaken appointments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I really don't know how anything Andy Burnham says about the NHS can be taken seriously.
He is in complete denial about the total f--k up his party made with the G.P.'s contract negotiations.Seems to ignore the fact that this has had a very significant effect on the numbers of people visiting A&E.
A complete dickhead for whom I have no respect at all.:tosser:

None?

It was him who finally got the the ball rolling to get the truth about Hillsborough out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Similarly, if you go to A&E, it's funny how when you've been there for 5 minutes under the stipulated 4 hours, that someone comes to see you. Box ticked, numbers massaged.

Would you prefer to wait longer than 4 hours then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheesy PUN in title. Tongue in cheek anti-Tory sentiment. Reference to self in third person.

What's NOT to like?

I'm pleased someone can see the humour in my post :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would you prefer to wait longer than 4 hours then?

Of course not, the point is that they come and see you just within the time, don't necessarily do anything meaningful, but they can say you've been "seen" within the time. As a frequent NHS user, I generally have very few complaints - I have on average probably one appointment a week - but I have seen the above happen, and gather it is a frequent occurrence.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course not, the point is that they come and see you just within the time, don't necessarily do anything meaningful, but they can say you've been "seen" within the time. As a frequent NHS user, I generally have very few complaints - I have on average probably one appointment a week - but I have seen the above happen, and gather it is a frequent occurrence.

When I got sent to A&E in the summer, they saw me within 20 minutes.

Then kept me in for a week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not read your article, but do you suggest that the Government invests more money into the NHS and thus increases the deficit and therefore the debt the country has?

I suggest you read the article then ask a question.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As for the criticism of targets, they might not hae been ideal but perhaps people should consider the waiting time to see consultants back in the 80s and 90s.

in principle, they are ok. trouble was they were set by politicians/bureaucrats and not clinicans, and with poor focus on medical outcomes. typical scenario was to forward you to see a consultant within the time frame, a quick half hour or hour, then... nothing. the target was met, you could now wiat for months or years for an actual conclusion. different trusts developed different strategies, but in the end the targets drove movement of patients through the system, not improving patient's health. time to actual outcomes extended for many years, but this was hidden in amongst stats for targets met.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here