Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PROOF that F1 is shit

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
From the BBC:

But Dennis admitted he "virtually had to decide in advance" which one of the drivers would win in Monaco.

Hamilton said: "It is something I have to live with. I've number two on my car and I am the number two driver."

Dennis said Alonso was "on a radically different strategy" from Hamilton to cover for the potential deployment of the safety car, which has happened in four of the last five races at Monaco following an accident.

He added that had the safety car intervened, Hamilton would have won.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Monaco is always deadly dull, with the width or the roads they might as well be on rails.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Timbo said:
From the BBC:

But Dennis admitted he "virtually had to decide in advance" which one of the drivers would win in Monaco.

Hamilton said: "It is something I have to live with. I've number two on my car and I am the number two driver."

Dennis said Alonso was "on a radically different strategy" from Hamilton to cover for the potential deployment of the safety car, which has happened in four of the last five races at Monaco following an accident.

He added that had the safety car intervened, Hamilton would have won.
There's also the fact that when you get to the crux of it, it is just driving. Round and round in circles. For hours.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, a sport where you know in advance with some certainty who the top two are going to be?

A sport where the big teams with all the money dominate and everyone else is just playing for minor places?

A sport where, barring unforeseen handicaps, the big guys will always triumph in a head to head contest, populated by young men swanning around in fast cars with bimbos falling at their feet, and which has more hangers on than a window cleaners' convention?

Yep, that would NEVER happen anywhere other than Formula One, would it...

;)

Slowhand

Aug 24, 2005
Near Lewes
edna krabappel said:
Hmmm, a sport where you know in advance with some certainty who the top two are going to be?

A sport where the big teams with all the money dominate and everyone else is just playing for minor places?

A sport where, barring unforeseen handicaps, the big guys will always triumph in a head to head contest, populated by young men swanning around in fast cars with bimbos falling at their feet, and which has more hangers on than a window cleaners' convention?

;)

Hmmmmm............ Methinks your irony may part others hair!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
edna krabappel said:

;)

Agreed but there is still some element of surprise in football. It's not decided by some bloke who sees how he feels when he wakes up in the morning!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think it would be much more fun if they made F1 like Mario Kart. You could have drivers launching shells at each other and dropping banana skins on the track.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Badger said:
I think it would be much more fun if they made F1 like Mario Kart. You could have drivers launching shells at each other and dropping banana skins on the track.

Agreed, and they should have to change their own tyres, fill up with fuel at a BP on the way round, thereby having the dilemma of whether to go for a quick in and out or a pause for a Ginsters Cornish Pasty and a cappuccino on the way.

And when the car breaks down, it would be MUCH better if the driver got out and thrashed it with a branch, Basil Fawlty style
:clap2:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
edna krabappel said:
Agreed, and they should have to change their own tyres, fill up with fuel at a BP on the way round, thereby having the dilemma of whether to go for a quick in and out or a pause for a Ginsters Cornish Pasty and a cappuccino on the way.

And when the car breaks down, it would be MUCH better if the driver got out and thrashed it with a branch, Basil Fawlty style
:clap2:

...and they should have to call out a bloke from the RAC to come and rescue them and try and fix the problem at the side of the road.

Badger said:
...and they should have to call out a bloke from the RAC to come and rescue them and try and fix the problem at the side of the road.

Perfect-one of the Rent A Clown mob will scratch his head for a while, connect the Snap-On Power Pack, turn it over a few dozen times then decide it needs to be recovered.

Crawley Cobbler

Mar 31, 2004
Crawley
edna krabappel said:

;)

It might be worth mentioning that the world champion team of the last two seasons were over the moon to finally manage a fourth place, one lap down, today.

And that the team whose drivers are 1-2 in the world championship failed to win a race last season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A Brit won the Indy 500 but that was boring also.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this thread title should be - Proof that the Monaco Grand Prix is shit, but then EVERYONE knows that especially Formula 1 fans who haven't got the lifestyle or income or connections to go :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
LATEST: FIA investigates McLaren for possible breach of rules in Monaco Grand Prix. More soon.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Re: Re: PROOF that F1 is shit

Silent Bob said:
There's also the fact that when you get to the crux of it, it is just driving. Round and round in circles. For hours.

Although it makes passing difficult, somewhere like Monaco is far more demanding on driver skills - Senna summed it up nicely: "It's like riding you bicycle round your living room!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here