Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Prone Bikes

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Yesterday I saw someone riding what looked like an electric prone bike. I say bike but it wasn't really, the guy was lying flat on this frame that was about knee high off the ground. There were no pedals, like I say it was electric. The crazy thing was the guy was riding/driving this thing on the road. He was so close to the ground it looked so dangerous. In fact if he was directly in front of your car, I'm not convinced you'd actually be able to see him.
Is this sort of bike/vehicle legal on the roads?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yesterday I saw someone riding what looked like an electric prone bike. I say bike but it wasn't really, the guy was lying flat on this frame that was about knee high off the ground. There were no pedals, like I say it was electric. The crazy thing was the guy was riding/driving this thing on the road. He was so close to the ground it looked so dangerous. In fact if he was directly in front of your car, I'm not convinced you'd actually be able to see him.
Is this sort of bike/vehicle legal on the roads?

Well, if Sinclair C5s were legal ............................

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
images.jpeg
It looked very similar to that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not helping the reputation of Worthing but there’s a chap that still uses one along the Prom

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

They had to have a long wire with a flag when in road use. As a young teen I was very excited because the legal age for road use was 14. Surprising they didn't become more popular.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They had to have a long wire with a flag when in road use. As a young teen I was very excited because the legal age for road use was 14. Surprising they didn't become more popular.

I imagine most parents would have flatly refused to let their 14 year have one of them to go and play on the A27!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here