Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Professor Dave explains Trans stuff

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Thanks.

"The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones; the collective attributes or traits associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex"

I'm not sure the OP video properly addresses this. I'm liberal and understand that some people's sex does not match how they perceive themselves. Referring to how we perceive ourselves as our gender seems like a good plan to me, but I don't think it helps the argument to pretend that's always what gender has meant, because it isn't.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I dont understand all this Trans and Binary stuff but just believe in treating everyone I meet in a decent fashion. However if my wife is in a changing room and somebody strips off that has a willy she would feel very uncomfortable and would be out in a shot.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
However if my wife is in a changing room and somebody strips off that has a willy she would feel very uncomfortable and would be out in a shot.

I do wonder how many times this has happened?

It seems to be one of the main arguments from the intolerant and offended ‘right’ (I’m not suggesting you are BTW) but I’m not sure how often this happens. It would surely be front page news in the Mail if a story of this happening got out?

In terms of changing rooms, like toilets, there should be gender neutral ones. These people exist, it’s about time they were catered for.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I dont understand all this Trans and Binary stuff but just believe in treating everyone I meet in a decent fashion. However if my wife is in a changing room and somebody strips off that has a willy she would feel very uncomfortable and would be out in a shot.

I do wonder how many times this has happened?

It seems to be one of the main arguments from the intolerant and offended ‘right’ (I’m not suggesting you are BTW) but I’m not sure how often this happens. It would surely be front page news in the Mail if a story of this happening got out?
Indeed. If you were a transgender woman but have not had medical sex change I doubt you'd be in a hurry to wave your willy about in front of other women in the changing room.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Live and let live. Simple.

Sadly people don’t do this though. Many things have no, or next to no, impact on others, but it doesn’t stop them poking their noses in or even worse trying to ban it.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Indeed. If you were a transgender woman but have not had medical sex change I doubt you'd be in a hurry to wave your willy about in front of other women in the changing room.
Yes. There are only two sorts of people with penises likely to wave them about in a lady's changing room, and as you say the ones with any sort of case to be there, probably wouldn't. It's the sex pests and perverts who are the ones likely to take advanatage of this particular opportunity..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. There are only two sorts of people with penises likely to wave them about in a lady's changing room, and as you say the ones with any sort of case to be there, probably wouldn't. It's the sex pests and perverts who are the ones likely to take advanatage of this particular opportunity..
Is the last part just a joke, or are you serious?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well this discussion took a weird turn. Do you have any examples of sex pests pretending to be trans women in order to do some sex pesting?

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Well this discussion took a weird turn. Do you have any examples of sex pests pretending to be trans women in order to do some sex pesting?

Do I need examples?

Two simple questions.
1. Are there any men who would like to flash at women?
2. Are any of those men likely to take the opportunity to flash at women if they are allowed to enter women's changing rooms?

Are you implying that it couldn't and wouldn't happen?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do I need examples?

Two simple questions.
1. Are there any men who would like to flash at women?
2. Are any of those men likely to take the opportunity to flash at women if they are allowed to enter women's changing rooms?

Are you implying that it couldn't and wouldn't happen?

I just don't get the point of focussing on hypothetical like this. Why do we need to address something that has never happened?

Doesn't it just over complicate things?

If said pervet was so intent on flashing in a women's changing room couldn't he just sneak in when it is empty and hide in a cubicle/toilet until he is ready to flash? In don't think that the sex pests need this new level of situation in order to do this.

Both situations are surely incredibly rare. So they really aren't on leisure centres list of things to deal with. I would have thought that if either situation did occur then said leisure centre would update their procedures to avoid it happening again.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I just don't get the point of focussing on hypothetical like this. Why do we need to address something that has never happened?

Doesn't it just over complicate things?

If said pervet was so intent on flashing in a women's changing room couldn't he just sneak in when it is empty and hide in a cubicle/toilet until he is ready to flash? In don't think that the sex pests need this new level of situation in order to do this.

Both situations are surely incredibly rare. So they really aren't on leisure centres list of things to deal with. I would have thought that if either situation did occur then said leisure centre would update their procedures to avoid it happening again.

It isn't complicating anything. It's a simple thing.

1. Traditionally, gentlemen and ladies have not shared changing rooms. This is essentially because of their different sexual organs.

2. My opinion is that this situation should not change. Simples.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps we could have;

Male only
Female only
and
Lucky dip?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It isn't complicating anything. It's a simple thing.

1. Traditionally, gentlemen and ladies have not shared changing rooms. This is essentially because of their different sexual organs.

2. My opinion is that this situation should not change. Simples.
I share that opinion and think that most reasonable people do also. How we achieve this and also accommodate people with gender dysphoria will be solved with most people being accommodated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here