Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Professional Masterchef champion - spoiler if you haven't watched the final yet

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Always heard good things about South Lodge - only one of two Michelin Star restaurants in Sussex I believe. I've eaten in the other so will have to make the effort to try this one.

It's a great place, particularly for a family celebration, but only eaten in Camelia's and not The Pass

Ockenden Manor and Tristan's in Horsham both have a star too I thought

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a great place, particularly for a family celebration, but only eaten in Camelia's and not The Pass

Ockenden Manor and Tristan's in Horsham both have a star too I thought

Ockenden do definitely - eaten there a number of times and never been disappointed. Embarrassingly I've never heard of Tristan's so you may well be right. I read an article a while back that mentioned South Lodge was only the second Sussex restaurant to hold a star.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Thanks for spoiling my enjoyment watching this tonight. :angry:

You could have at least not put the result in the thread title. :nono:

How could he possibly avoid the information that Stephen had won when it was put in the (now changed) thread title....?

I was also looking forward to watching this tonight and have had the effect of the surprise result (I thought Adam would win) diminished.

In this modern age of asynchronous televisual experiences people should be more considerate than to put "spoilers" in NSC thread titles...

These!! :annoyed:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Is anyone watching the 'normal' version of Masterchef tonight?

There's a bloke on there who has got to the stage where they cook for former finalists...then served them sausage and beans on toast. Surprisingly, he didn't get through. :facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Love Gregs comment to John Torode about the desert "DONT EAT IT"

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I ruddy love Greg ' The Veg' Wallace. Why on earth they let him through the 1st stage I don't know , it was clear to see he was a fruit and nutcase.

The dessert, plums encased in a mashed potato batter, was something else.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I ruddy love Greg ' The Veg' Wallace. Why on earth they let him through the 1st stage I don't know , it was clear to see he was a fruit and nutcase.

The dessert, plums encased in a mashed potato batter, was something else.

Absolutely!

An early prediction - the 21-year old bloke on the previous night (Jack??) will make the final. He's got serious skills.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is anyone watching the 'normal' version of Masterchef tonight?

There's a bloke on there who has got to the stage where they cook for former finalists...then served them sausage and beans on toast. Surprisingly, he didn't get through. :facepalm:

That's my post-shift viewing sorted for tonight, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent. Finish work at midnight, get home, small glass of vino (to take the edge off) & a quick recap of Masterchef it is then. Lovely.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Watching now, significant (and welcome) discrepancy between the fat food critics and the chefs what know what they're talking about. Good to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here