Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Processed meats DO cause cancer - WHO

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not surprised that Oz tops the list and a timely reminder that BBQ season is just around the corner!
I was informed that eating unsmoked bacon was much better for you.
I used to only buy unsmoked bacon in the UK, but can't find it anywhere over here and I do prefer it.
I found it tastier without the cured smokey flavour.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Cool story bro.

Well maybe there is a like minded Perth area dweller that goes on here, that may know where to get some.
Seeing as it is supposed to be less carcinogenic than smoked, I would deem it useful information.
It is no more a trivial story than at least 95% of everything posted on here, it is a forum isn't it?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Well maybe there is a like minded Perth area dweller that goes on here, that may know where to get some.
Seeing as it is supposed to be less carcinogenic than smoked, I would deem it useful information.
It is no more a trivial story than at least 95% of everything posted on here, it is a forum isn't it?

I'd be more concerned about his use of the word "bro".

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well thats the sandwich trade buggered and a lot of the buffet business around the UK. Most of the traditional breakfast trade up the swannee and everything connected with the barbeque business. No more hot-dogs at football. All the imported continental meat trade ( Salami's/Chorizo's/ Pastrami's etc ) hammered and a lot of takeaway, particularly the pizza industry ruined.
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring. This will blow over and be replaced by something else. Somewhere, someone is working on the next agenda and determined to create publicity. You see the problem is....we can't think for ourselves. We have to be told that certain things are bad for you and will kill you. Years ago we were told not to tell lies as our noses would grow longer. Not to **********, as we would grow blind. Not to accept sweets or lifts from strangers. All my life, I have told lies. For some of my younger days I **********d and when I decided to explore the world, I hitchhiked and accepted numerous lifts from strangers and occasionally accepted a sweet from a stranger.
People throughout the world have eaten lots of processed meat for years. Corned beef, until relatively recently ( when the Irish scam was uncovered and ****ed the job for South America ) was reasonably cheap, along with Spam and Pork Luncheon Meat. Continental meats have grown in popularity alongside the pizza and fast food trade. Hundreds of thousands of cold,pork based pies are sold in this country every week. Black pudding is still hugely popular and the likes of brawn, liver sausage and haslet still sell well.
Eggs, pate and unpasteurised cheeses were all bad boys at one time but have survived the storm. Processed meats will do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here